Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Most of the time after start up, my truck will cut old at 1800-2000 rpms. Sounds like it is running out of gas. But if I pop it in N rv it up a few times and put it back into gear it is fine until i shut it off again.

Any help of suggestions is appreicated

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
almost sounds like a MAP sensor is covered in oil. If you have intake is it an oil based filter?

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
it may be the IPDM relay too. not sure if this was a symptom or not, but that would be a good place to start

·
Registered
6,823 Posts

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
^^yup Air/fuel is in the intake. pressure is in the mani

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
^^yup Air/fuel is in the intake. pressure is in the mani
The Titan doesn't have a MAP sensor, so I thought your earlier post meant to say MAF sensor.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
possibly the relay ???

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
The Titan doesn't have a MAP sensor, so I thought your earlier post meant to say MAF sensor.
ya i did. the one on the intake tube

i didnt no that. why isnt there an intake mani air pressure sensor? i thought all new cars had them.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
ya i did. the one on the intake tube

i didnt no that. why isnt there an intake mani air pressure sensor? i thought all new cars had them.
Most do, but not the VK56.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
to op: what about the fuel pump? do you have a CEL or SES? whichever one the t has

·
Registered
14,164 Posts
^^^^hey mastertech when my fuel pump was going out on my old titan it didnt throw a code. whats up with that???

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
if your SES light is on, go to a schucks or o'reilys, or some major auto part store and have them run a free diagnostics test. Dont pay a shop to do it. They will tell you right away what the SES code is. that will atleast be a good start

1 - 18 of 18 Posts