Nissan Titan Forum banner

Engine cuts out at 1800 rpm??

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  nissanmastertech 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. Most of the time after start up, my truck will cut old at 1800-2000 rpms. Sounds like it is running out of gas. But if I pop it in N rv it up a few times and put it back into gear it is fine until i shut it off again.

Any help of suggestions is appreicated

#3 ·
almost sounds like a MAP sensor is covered in oil. If you have intake is it an oil based filter?

#6 · (Edited)
You meant to say MAF sensor.

#4 ·
it may be the IPDM relay too. not sure if this was a symptom or not, but that would be a good place to start

#8 ·
The Titan doesn't have a MAP sensor, so I thought your earlier post meant to say MAF sensor.

#9 ·
possibly the relay ???

#12 ·
to op: what about the fuel pump? do you have a CEL or SES? whichever one the t has

#16 ·
^^^^hey mastertech when my fuel pump was going out on my old titan it didnt throw a code. whats up with that???

#17 ·
if your SES light is on, go to a schucks or o'reilys, or some major auto part store and have them run a free diagnostics test. Dont pay a shop to do it. They will tell you right away what the SES code is. that will atleast be a good start

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.