Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was turning a corner coming up to a intersection and stop light and all of a sudden I have no power steering and no power. I look down at the gauges and the I have no RPMs, then have RPMs and I notice all the lights and gauges in the dash are going ape sh!t. I coat to the light put in park and start the truck, it starts but the engine is sopping and starting and the dash lights are keeping perfect time with the engine. I shut down and start up and get the same thing. I shut down and start one more time and everything is fine. I drive about 30 miles home and sit in t he driveway with the engine and a/c on talking on the phone to the dealership making an appointment and the engine just dies. 1/4 tank of gas and power is just fine. But I have been noticing a slight drag feeling when letting off the gas and coating while in drive.

I was thinking TQ Converter locking up up at low speeds maybe???
The truck is 2005 with 48,013 miles.

This is just in time too, I am picking up a newly used travel trailer Saturday. At least I have the other truck as a back up.

Any idea's????

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No idea's???

Dealer hasn't got a clue either. No codes were stored so without that they don't have an answer.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Shane06fl said:
No idea's???

Dealer hasn't got a clue either. No codes were stored so without that they don't have an answer.
I can't believe noone has chimed in on this, but there have been some reported computer failures. Don't have details, sorry and good luck. I hope it doesn't leave you anywhere!

·
Registered
841 Posts
The engine died then came back on? I've had trucks do that in the past, but its usually because a hose fell off or came loose.

Was it dry...no rain? I had a similar issue with the electrical system on a jeep going haywire like that...it was due to a bad ground and the roads being wet.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it was dry. I had to put in park then start up. The second time I was in park sitting in my driveway, it's like the ignition just shut off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 04 started running rough and the tech found a loose groung wire in the area of the cold air intake. Simple tighten and problem fixed...

matt

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All the grounds checked out.

It did again the other day when I had 360 miles on a tank of gas with city driving but was showing just under a 1/4 tank left. I think my sending unit is giving me false readings at guage and I am loosing fuel pressure/running out of gas. I did a 700 mile trip this weekend without a problem and filled up every 300 miles and my gas guage was way off.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3 tanks of gas sense the last shut down, all went well in to the fuel light and everything seems ok. Co worker brought up bad gas. I keep all my gas receipts and the when it did it the first time I filled up a skanky type gas station so i got to thinking maybe some water got in there and just maybe a few tank fulls finally cleared it out. I hope anyways. does it again I am buying parts. I do too much long distance driving to take a chance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts