Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2005 CC SE with 33k miles. Did some towing this summer (dirt bikes/atv) and camping which took me through some "above the axle" water. About a week ago my SES light comes on. I count the code as 1212 (I think)...take it in and they tell me water intrusion has shorted out the main harness (although the truck is running fine). They say the newer versions of the harness have better gaskets/seals to prevent it. They ordered the harness and 3 days later I'm still w/o my truck. Dealer got me a rental on their dime (a Chrysler Aspen LTD - POS fancy Durango). Sure glad it happened while I was still under warranty! Watch out - especially if you use high pressure washers to clean your motor (I have a couple of time after coming back from camping).

·
Registered
178 Posts
Changing the engine harness is a pain, especially if it is a 4WD, not 3 days worth. If it is the engine room harness, it is really a pain, still not 3 days worth. The p2121 code you came up with is for the accelerator position sensor, which is part of the engine room harness. I know one of the main connectors for the engine room harness is low, the chassis connnector behind the right front wheel. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
How is the new harness doing for water injestion? I think my old 04 had the old harness but I got rid of it before I had any problems

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have not heard of any other than this one. Not to say that it has not happened before, I don't hear much unless there is a lot of problems. You might try using dielectric waterproofing grease in some of the connectors, like the chassis connectors and such. Just don't put it in the A/F and O2 sensor connectors. I have been told by some engineers that those sensors vent through the wiring. Spray silicone lubricant on the outside of the connectors to keep the rubber seals on the wiring soft, and on the rubber hoses. I have a 89 Nissan truck that I have done this to and have newer had a problem. Been in water over the headlights on many occasions, and all of the vacuum lines are still soft and original. As far as the harnesses, old or new, they change every year to some extent. I don't think the sealing of the harnesses connectors has changed.
BigJ said:
How is the new harness doing for water ingestion? I think my old 04 had the old harness but I got rid of it before I had any problems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts