Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I accelerate to between 3000-3500 rpm the engine misses until past 3500. Local mechanic says computer is reading random misfire but can't figure out why. Also, the truck only does it while under load. sitting still it revs seamlessly to redline. Someone please help.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I had this issue in my civic and after I put a bottle of fuel system cleaner through, it went away almost instantly. The car would randomly misfire up hills because my fuel pump, lines and injectors had crud in it. The chemical treatment worked perfectly and I never had the problem again ever since I started adding the cleaner once every oil change. Sounds like it might be fuel system or air flow related. Is your air filter clean? If none of those things, perhaps fuel pump or fuel filter related?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mechanic has had the truck for 5 days. You would think he would have figured it out by now. Says the coil and fuel pump tested good. I don't know about the injectors. I put lucas oil injector cleaner through the gas with no effect. Who knows?

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Ipdm relay?

·
Registered
2,436 Posts

·
Super Moderator
161,881 Posts
Man, I just hate it when I go out to my truck only to find the engine has gone missing. :huh:

Agree with the last couple to check out the IPDM.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Mechanic has had the truck for 5 days. You would think he would have figured it out by now. Says the coil and fuel pump tested good. I don't know about the injectors. I put lucas oil injector cleaner through the gas with no effect. Who knows?
I can't seems to locate the coil in my Titan.:confused:

·
Premium Member
58,765 Posts
I saw that too BBF. Makes you kind of wonder about the mechanic.

To the OP. What year is your Titan? How old are the plugs?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Man, I just hate it when I go out to my truck only to find the engine has gone missing. :huh:
LOL.. You beat me to it. :teethmast

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2004 and the plugs were the first thing I looked at. They all looked great, especially for 91,000 miles. I changed them out anyway. I wonder if any of my mods have anything to do with it (Superchips Cortex, S&B intake, JBA headers and exhaust with magnaflow cats). Ran like a champ for a couple of months.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Have you tried swapping the ECM relay with fog lamp relay? Have you got the ECM relay recall?

·
Premium Member
46,447 Posts

Thats why I like the 5.6 V8, they are easier to find than those little 4 bangers than can go missing in the couch cushions.:eyebrow:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts