Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come my dipstick is not touching the oil?? It is not registering on the dipstick. I just did my first oil change on my new to me T. Not sure how much oil to put in. My first mod I put a level kit on and my Bilstein 5100's on the middle setting. Could that be causing the oil not to register on the dipstick??? I bought 5w30 Mobil 1 from wally world. 1 5qt jug and 1 single qt jug. I put in the single qt and then added 4 3/4 of the 5 qt jug. So i only have 3/4 left of the 5qt jug. Its not registering on the dipstick still. Should I add more oil or leave it be??

·
Premium Member
72,316 Posts
6.5 quarts is what I use.....let the argument begin.............

Reactions: BobNYC

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
6.5 quarts.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
oh my goodness!! that is a lot of oil. Seriously?? 6.5 qts?? its not like the gas is bad enough...lol!!! So would it be precisely 6.5qts?? Will it start registering on the dipstick or no??

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
6.5 should put you about a 1/4" below the max line.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
6.5 is the normal amount to fill it to the full mark on the Titan/Armada. Some of us even use 7.0 qts to reach that full mark. Don't worry, the cost is negliable over the years. Always maintain it properly, it's worth it! So, 6.5 - 7.0 is normal. Enjoy the ride.

·
Premium Member
72,316 Posts
Like I said, let the argument begin......

·
Registered
79 Posts
oh my goodness!! that is a lot of oil. Seriously?? 6.5 qts?? its not like the gas is bad enough...lol!!! So would it be precisely 6.5qts?? Will it start registering on the dipstick or no??
i believe if you look in the manual it says to use 6.5 quarts. and yes with 6.5 quarts it should register on the dipstick. now remember the dipstick is not an exact measuring device, it is just there to let you know you are in the right capacity range.

·
Premium Member
72,316 Posts
i believe if you look in the manual it says to use 6.5 quarts. and yes with 6.5 quarts it should register on the dipstick. now remember the dipstick is not an exact measuring device, it is just there to let you know you are in the right capacity range.
Thank you for that post.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I used 7 quarts in mine.

If you think 6.5-7 quarts is a lot, my 2011 5.0 Stang requires 8 quarts.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I use some where around 6.15 Liters....

HAHAHAHAHA

Reactions: JDos1

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
7 quarts here too, it amazed me when i did the change! I was expecting 5 or 6, but not 7! lol

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the input everyone! I will be headed back out this morning in my girls car to pick up another quart of mobil1.

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
7 quarts fills mine up to the full mark.

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
If u think 7 is alot try a diesel my dads fords take 15 quarts.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using the auto guide app

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
believe it or not i actually used 7 3/4 quarts last time..normally i use 7 but i let it drain for like 3 hours

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
What I want to know is......how does one change his own oil and A....not know how much oil he put in, and B....Not know how much oil is required?:confused: When did they stop giving out owners manuals with every purchase?:read:...Damn you Nissan...you tryin' to save a few pennies again?;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts