Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a couple of minor oil leaks at the front of the engine. It looks like there behind the covers at the front of the heads.....(timing chain covers??). I only got 32,000 miles so I'm gonna take it to the dealer.

Are these types of leaks covered under the 60,000 mile factory powertrain warranty?????
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
35,724 Posts
nissan72 said:
I've got a couple of minor oil leaks at the front of the engine. It looks like there behind the covers at the front of the heads.....(timing chain covers??). I only got 32,000 miles so I'm gonna take it to the dealer.

Are these types of leaks covered under the 60,000 mile factory powertrain warranty?????
I can bet you the answer is "Yes."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Engine oil leaks....covered under warranty?????

bump....any other ideas...i've already searched the threads and can't find an answer??????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,823 Posts
Oil leaks, not caused by damage, have to be covered under the 3yr/36000 warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,754 Posts
sudden urge said:
Oil leaks, not caused by damage, have to be covered under the 3yr/36000 warranty.
Why wouldn't an engine leak be covered under the 5yr/60k mile powertrain? I would think it would fall under the powertrain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,823 Posts
helomech said:
Why wouldn't an engine leak be covered under the 5yr/60k mile powertrain? I would think it would fall under the powertrain.

There's a list somewhere on the powertrain parts that are covered, and I don't remember seeing leaks listed there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,754 Posts
P's Titan said:
if your under the 3/36k whats the problem ??
Others may not be, and it would be nice to clarify.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,754 Posts
P's Titan said:
he isnt and really didnt state that from the start. Was just wondering why he bumped it after he got an answer.
I just looked in my warranty book, and it says that the valve covers, timing chain covers and so on are covered by the 5yr/60k mile warranty. It doesn't say leaks anywhere that I could find, but if it covers the cover, it should cover it leaking. There are probably allowable leaks on all of these items, I know in aviation almost everything has an allowable leak rate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey P.......I bumped it up to get back on the active topics page....just trying to get some different input on the subject.....i'll go easy on the bumping from now on. Also, I put alot of miles on the truck and noticed that it's been leaking awhile. I'm alittle concerned to see these types of leaks with such reletively low miles and I'd like to know if it will be covered later on when the 36,000 mile warranty runs out soon.

Thanks for all the help.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top