Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone aware of a major engine problems with the 5.6 v8 in 2017 to 2018 Titan. My 5 month old truck needs a new engine!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Is anyone aware of a major engine problems with the 5.6 v8 in 2017 to 2018 Titan. My 5 month old truck needs a new engine!
There is a HUGE discussion pertaining to the 5.6L gas engine knocking - Check out the "2016 Titan General Form" and the two threads under that forum - "The engine knock thread" and "2017 Nissan Titan SV engine failure"

There are many owners in the same boat as yourself - me included

·
Registered
181 Posts
There is a HUGE discussion pertaining to the 5.6L gas engine knocking - Check out the "2016 Titan General Form" and the two threads under that forum - "The engine knock thread" and "2017 Nissan Titan SV engine failure"

There are many owners in the same boat as yourself - me included

Hi.. they the (dealer) just call me to reschedule my engine swap on June 4 instead on may 21..reason there very occupied whit tire change season.so my fist camping trip will be done whit knocking engine..so if anybody ask me at the camp site if my engine is diesel i mite say yessss it is.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi.. they the (dealer) just call me to reschedule my engine swap on June 4 instead on may 21..reason there very occupied whit tire change season.so my fist camping trip will be done whit knocking engine..so if anybody ask me at the camp site if my engine is diesel i mite say yessss it is.
At this rate, you'll never get your long block installed - everyone in Montreal must change to winter tires cause that's a lot of tire changes to go into June.

Well, I confirmed that my engine replacement is still scheduled for May 27th

Have fun camping

·
Registered
181 Posts
At this rate, you'll never get your long block installed - everyone in Montreal must change to winter tires cause that's a lot of tire changes to go into June.

Well, I confirmed that my engine replacement is still scheduled for May 27th

Have fun camping
IMG_20190604_101412[1].jpg
The truck is at the dealer for engine swap..the small box is a short block for the next customer.the big box is my long block.i be taking picture of the swap..to keep u updated.

·
Registered
579 Posts
View attachment 525245
The truck is at the dealer for engine swap..the small box is a short block for the next customer.the big box is my long block.i be taking picture of the swap..to keep u updated.
Here I thought that I would have my engine done before you - no such luck - I'm still waiting.

Was scheduled for May 27th, the dealership phoned me the previous Thursday saying that now some of the seals and gaskets that are needed are now on backorder. Been waiting 1.5 weeks now, still no word on the seals/gaskets.

This whole process is starting to become a joke.

Let me know what they do after the install but before they give you the keys. Things such as - did they do a road test. Did they check for any leaks, rattles, noises, etc. Did they give the truck fresh oil and filter after road test.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Resized_20190605_144926.jpg look frightening
Here I thought that I would have my engine done before you - no such luck - I'm still waiting.

Was scheduled for May 27th, the dealership phoned me the previous Thursday saying that now some of the seals and gaskets that are needed are now on backorder. Been waiting 1.5 weeks now, still no word on the seals/gaskets.

This whole process is starting to become a joke.

Let me know what they do after the install but before they give you the keys. Things such as - did they do a road test. Did they check for any leaks, rattles, noises, etc. Did they give the truck fresh oil and filter after road test.

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
What's going to be frightening is seeing all the engine parts spread out when they do my short block replacement. I hope that they take care of my aftermarket exhaust system.

Well my service manager phoned today - all the parts are in, the truck goes in Monday (June 10th) morning.

Did they let you take the pictures or did they take them ???
They let me in the garage but no disturbing the mechanic.I taken a few picture and the adviser did a few because it there 1 Titan engine swap.it for reference on there part.

·
Registered
579 Posts
They let me in the garage but no disturbing the mechanic.I taken a few picture and the adviser did a few because it there 1 Titan engine swap.it for reference on there part.
Yours is the only Titan sold at that dealership with the engine knock problem ???

When do you get your truck back ???

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yours is the only Titan sold at that dealership with the engine knock problem ???

When do you get your truck back ???
well i just no that they have 3 more to do after mine.and i by Wednesday or Thursday.they are going to drive it to see if nothing is wrong because Friday im leaving whit it on a weekend camping trip..im sure don't want to be stall on the side of the highway poring fluid all over. im pretty sure that would be the end of it for me..

·
Registered
579 Posts
well i just no that they have 3 more to do after mine.and i by Wednesday or Thursday.they are going to drive it to see if nothing is wrong because Friday im leaving whit it on a weekend camping trip..im sure don't want to be stall on the side of the highway poring fluid all over. im pretty sure that would be the end of it for me..
Correct me if I'm wrong - but isn't there a break-in period for the new engine - like 500 to 1,000 kms before you can tow a heavy load.

That is what someone told me - better check it out

·
Registered
181 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong - but isn't there a break-in period for the new engine - like 500 to 1,000 kms before you can tow a heavy load.

That is what someone told me - better check it out
yes i asked the dealer and was toll that the new engine as pass a dino test at the factory and there is no problem whit towing my TT. There is not even cutting oil in the new engine just like the one u buy off the lot..it empty for shipping reason..so it will be fill whit 0w20.like most of the new car and truck.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Interesting - I'll have to check with my service manager tomorrow when I drop the truck off

·
Registered
611 Posts
Sub for outcome … sucks but good to see Nissan steppin up.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Interesting - I'll have to check with my service manager tomorrow when I drop the truck off
got the truck today.and so far so good..there a few thing that i had to fix back.but what can u do i was easier to fix them then go back and argue about it..they flushed the antifreeze and had some all over the left side of engine bay and the air filter box was not well secure..i think they reset the computer cause i lost all of the fuel saved data..just hope they updated correct..i seem to shift right for now..will come back to update more info if anything go bad..

·
Registered
579 Posts
got the truck today.and so far so good..there a few thing that i had to fix back.but what can u do i was easier to fix them then go back and argue about it..they flushed the antifreeze and had some all over the left side of engine bay and the air filter box was not well secure..i think they reset the computer cause i lost all of the fuel saved data..just hope they updated correct..i seem to shift right for now..will come back to update more info if anything go bad..
Service Manager phoned me late this afternoon to tell me that my truck is ready - according to him, everything went 100%. Unfortunately was unable to pick it up today, will pick up tomorrow AM and take for a spin around Winnipeg's Perimeter Hwy (close to 50 kms) to see how things are.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts