Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after having an issue with a cracked manifold which led to a destroyed converter, I now need to replace my engine. It started burning oil inconsistently since the converter went out and now it is burning a quart of oil every 150 to 200 miles regularly. I have already gone through the pcv valves and valve covers and found no issues. My only thought now is scored cylinder walls and/or stuck oil rings. I plan on buying a used engine from a fellow forum member and putting that in my truck until I have the time to rebuild my engine and put it back in. I searched the forum but did not find any threads on anyone doing an engine replacement so I will do my best to document everything so that it might help someone in the future. I plan on doing the swap in one weekend since I can't go without my truck so hopefully things go smoothly. If anyone has any advice or tips I would love to hear them!

·
Registered
355 Posts
PB Blaster is your friend..... :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking for info on engine removal as well. Not to hijack ur thread but I think this will help u too.... how do we remove the harmonic dampener on these trucks? I rented a tool from advanced but no way to use it on this dampener...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts