Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was getting the Evap cannaster SES code on my 05 T. got a new cannaster and replaced it, i deleated the SES code and it came back on 30miles later. i put a brand new cannaster in its in correctly and the sensor it hooked up correctly as well. i blew compressed air through the hose as well before i put the new cannaster in. any ideas to whats goin on?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone! the SES light is killing me!

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Isn't there also an electrical valve that connects to the canister? If that valve is sticking or not working, the SES light will be thrown.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well ya thats what im talking about. thats what i changed twice allready within a year.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
come on guys!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just the replacement. i replace the old part wth a new one (but the same) didnt bother buying the 100 dollar filter kit for a 70 dollar valve. the ses light has been off for 60km no so hopefully this time it stays off.

·
Registered
779 Posts
just the replacement. i replace the old part wth a new one (but the same) didnt bother buying the 100 dollar filter kit for a 70 dollar valve. the ses light has been off for 60km no so hopefully this time it stays off.
looks like a dirt road in you picture, you might need the filter kit if you get on dirt on a regular basis.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its not the cannister its the valve sorry. 0446 i think it was. i know its the evap valve.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i know is the evap code. my buddy owns a shop he scanned it with his Snap On scanner this is what cam up. "vent valve closing at wrong time" thats the evap vent valve. i replaced the valve but the SES light wonf go away. we've cleared it with the snap on code reader a few times and ive done it a few time with the key turing time counting method and it still comes on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ask your buddy at the shop if his scanner will manually turn the valve off and on. If it does make sure you have power and ground to valve, power to valve is constant as long as key is on. Ground is supplied thru ecm as seen fit. The vent control valve is normally open and ecm grounds it/closes to run pressure test on evaporative emmission test to check for leaks. It has a pressure sensor on the charcoal canister that ecm looks at to check for leaks/voltage drop, this sensor is sensitive to dirt and debris. Any kind of restriction in hose going to vent control valve, or canister and the ecm will kick the vent valve code. Priorty 1 is to check for power and ground to valve. 2nd look and check for restrictions in hose or canister.Have him check this and report back to us and I will try to help all I can without having truck to look at. Evaporative emmission codes are tough to diag so be patient.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
could it be the ECM? there was a recall for that and i just got it replaced on the weekend. should i recet the light now? maybe this time itll work. i think the recal was for a new ECU if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am not sure about the code and there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here who could; however, I do have some advice. Mine was throwing the same code and dealership stated it was a faulty fuel cap. It may be something to look into. I replaced the cap and it fixed it for about 1500 miles. Then the light came back on. They pulled a vacuum and it was fine. Replaced that sensor and it fixed my problems.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Like I stated before the # code will really help. There is probably 30 codes for evaporative emissions and they all tell us something different and as far as valves and sensors related to this system probably 15.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im sure i counted '4-4-6' whats that? i could be wrong though, ill do it again when i get home tomorrow.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i went to my buddies shop last night. he read the code with the Snap-On again and this is what came up. 'vent valve closing at wrong time'. he used the snap on to open and close the valve. you could hear the valve moving and clicking so its obviously working. he cleared the light and its hasnt came on for about 20km now but it usuailly takes 60-80km for it to come back on so we'll see this time. what the heck is goin on? haha

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well its back on, ugh!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts