Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Titan for 28 days. Brought it to the dealer today with 1024 miles on it for the first oil change. We raised the hood and it had coolant stains on the engine. Went by this afternoon to pick it up and they said they needed to keep it another day. They couldn't find the leak. So they put me in a rental car (Chevy truck of all things) at their cost. I get home and the step rails I ordered for my Titan are sitting at my back door, with no truck to put them on.

Ever have one of those days :ugh:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yikes.. coolant stains aren't good. Your dealership is doing the right thing giving you a free rental. Beat the hell out of it. ;)

I know that 4Runners back when had a recal on the head gasket.. hope that doesn't happen with these machines...

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had the same thing. Required replacing the over flow hose clamp and a new radiator cap. Too bad they never cleaned off the inside of the engine. Not that I have had a chance to get in there and get it all off either. Pisses me off they did not clean it up!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Doghouse said:
I had the same thing. Required replacing the over flow hose clamp and a new radiator cap. Too bad they never cleaned off the inside of the engine. Not that I have had a chance to get in there and get it all off either. Pisses me off they did not clean it up!
Hey Doghouse. I posted on one of the threads about salespeople. I commented that seems to be a lot of negative comments re:salespeople. My comment was salespeople are just doing thier jobs trying to get the best deal for their dealership and most of them are rather nice. I commented further the problems we are going to face is not with the salespeople but with service. As we continue to take our titans in for whatever it may be you will be just amazed at the things you will have to put up with and the incompetence level. Those are the people you will have to deal with and in my opinion are a royal pain in the you know what. Unfortunately there will be many times where we will have no choice but to take it to the dealer. But if you can find a good honest mechanic outside of the dealership who works on Nissan's make best friends with him.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
1Titan said:
Hey Doghouse. I posted on one of the threads about salespeople. I commented that seems to be a lot of negative comments re:salespeople. My comment was salespeople are just doing thier jobs trying to get the best deal for their dealership and most of them are rather nice. I commented further the problems we are going to face is not with the salespeople but with service. As we continue to take our titans in for whatever it may be you will be just amazed at the things you will have to put up with and the incompetence level. Those are the people you will have to deal with and in my opinion are a royal pain in the you know what. Unfortunately there will be many times where we will have no choice but to take it to the dealer. But if you can find a good honest mechanic outside of the dealership who works on Nissan's make best friends with him.
Dealer service personel are not all bad, I admit that some are knobs but most are just trying to do their job as best they can!! It also has to do with Nissan's parts availability, Sometimes we can't get a part for months!! What do you tell the customer when their brand new vehicle is in the shop for a bad sensor and you can't get the part for about a week or so because no one in the US has one, the part is on backorder, and Nissan does not pay you to rape one from another vehicle!! Believe me, its not the service dept.'s all of the time! If you take it to an independant dealer, chances are that they don't have the $5,000.00 Nissan Consult II scan tool that the dealers have, which is an incredible piece of equipment!! The only bad part about going to the dealer is the cost of work performed compared to an independant!! Anyway, I am a little biast because I work at a dealer, but the technicians at a dealer have a greater advantage over the independants when it comes to info and such!! :cheers:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE

I got my truck back today. :) They said it was the radiator cap. I popped the hood as soon as I got there and checked the engine. It was as clean if not cleaner than the day I bought it. They really went out of their way to make a bad situation to me as painless as possible.
Couldn't wait to get home to put my new rails on. They look really sharp, and took no time to install. I had already talked to Jamie (@ TitanParts247) this morning to find out that my hood protector will be here next Tuesday.

Today was a much better day :sunshine:

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Glad to hear that the dealer 'Knows how to act!'.

I agree on the steprails. Took me 20 mins to get em on. Piece of cake!

let me know how the deflector install goes. That's next for me.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts