Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried to install my tint kit that I got off E-bay from auto-clear-bra this morning and it was so damn hard to put on that I just took it off. What has your experience been with this stuff? I followed all directions very carefully and the tint still wrinkled on me. It says to start fom the center and work out ward and even doing so when I would turn the corner of the light it would wrinkle so bad that I could not squeegee it out. I do not want to paint my taillights because I have seen others and do not like it. I am going to return it to the seller and get another kit and have my tint place put it on for me next time since I am not able to do so. Any thoughts or suggestions though on how you got it to come out right?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Titan5683 said:
I just tried to install my tint kit that I got off E-bay from auto-clear-bra this morning and it was so damn hard to put on that I just took it off. What has your experience been with this stuff? I followed all directions very carefully and the tint still wrinkled on me. It says to start fom the center and work out ward and even doing so when I would turn the corner of the light it would wrinkle so bad that I could not squeegee it out. I do not want to paint my taillights because I have seen others and do not like it. I am going to return it to the seller and get another kit and have my tint place put it on for me next time since I am not able to do so. Any thoughts or suggestions though on how you got it to come out right?
shoulda painted em son.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought yours looked a little uneven or did you spray too much on and they ran? Thats why I didn't want to paint them

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
The material need to be warm like 100F and it will mold. Hairdryer works good. I even warmed them on the bed in sunlight beofre installing. Press hard to get the bubble s out and they will move. Careful not to get it too warm and it will shrink and wrinkle. I messed up one tailight the first time I did it and had to reorder. When I did it didnot cost me full price but the guy said it happens often.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i plan on doing this too, gonna set it up with my tint guy. that's what you should of done.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mine have a few wrinkles in them but nothing really noticeable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts