Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Everything but the price. Pricing varies based on model.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought and picked up my Titan last Monday and was told this week that I need a different stereo to have the XM kit installed. I have the RF stereo (LE Crew Cab) and I figured Nissan would make sure to include that stereo for an XM add-on if it was going to be their top of the line stereo... Is the dealership full of crap or can I get it installed? Thanks... -Jay

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
jaylaforte said:
I bought and picked up my Titan last Monday and was told this week that I need a different stereo to have the XM kit installed. I have the RF stereo (LE Crew Cab) and I figured Nissan would make sure to include that stereo for an XM add-on if it was going to be their top of the line stereo... Is the dealership full of crap or can I get it installed? Thanks... -Jay
yes there full of crap you can have it installed.

·
Registered
382 Posts
ZubbyZu said:
http://www.xmradio.com/pdf/dealer_portal/nissan.pdf.

I am thinking about installing the Nissan XM radio package on my Titan. Any comments on the XM sound quality with the Rockford Fosgate 6 Disc Audio System??

Thank you in advance.

Not sure about the sound, but if you dont already have it here is a pdf on installing the xm system. It's a 13 page pdf with pics on how to install the nissan xm system. IF you have it already then your set.They are full of it btw i think they just want to see if you want them to install instead. The pdf shows you what you need.

http://www.leeauto.com/parts/titansatellite.pdf

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just wanted to say that I plugged my XM Roady into the AUX port on my Rockford Fosgate stereo. It sounded better than the FM radio but not nearly as good as the CD.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Albert1234 said:
I just wanted to say that I plugged my XM Roady into the AUX port on my Rockford Fosgate stereo. It sounded better than the FM radio but not nearly as good as the CD.
Where/how did you mount the antenna...XM (Terk) now has a through-
the- glass antenna, similar to the old car phone units....but not sure
if the connections are the same for the Roady or Skyfi Delphi models.
I've found the sound quality is great but it takes lots more volume level
on the tuner to get more volume on my Skyfi........

·
Registered
382 Posts
NSXER said:
Where/how did you mount the antenna...XM (Terk) now has a through-
the- glass antenna, similar to the old car phone units....but not sure
if the connections are the same for the Roady or Skyfi Delphi models.
I've found the sound quality is great but it takes lots more volume level
on the tuner to get more volume on my Skyfi........

Check my link on installing it. has a whole section on how/where to install the antenna.

http://www.leeauto.com/parts/titansatellite.pdf

·
Registered
2 Posts
tikigod said:
Check my link on installing it. has a whole section on how/where to install the antenna.

The link to leeauto.com that a couple of ya'll have inserted doesn't seem to work. I have my own sound system that I moved over from my '04 Titan to my '07 and don't really wish to spend more money on the RF name... any hints on how to get a XM head unit/system installed without the RF system?

·
Premium Member
92,269 Posts
I have to say, I have the R/F and did the Sirius 3-month trial. The system really boomed on the Sirius stations. On standard FM, not at all. I liken it to old CD's and new CD's. The old ones weren't sound engineered very well, but the new ones boom. Kinda like that. Much better sound from the R/F than regular radio.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Titan came prewired for XM sat. I bought the rec. and bracket from the dealer for 480.00 and had it installed by a radio shop for 100.00. I love mine. Make sure you take it to a reputable shop. I had it at one shop that kept telling me they couldn't find the wiring. I took it to the other shop and they knew right away where it was.

working-chick

·
Registered
919 Posts
Sound quality on both XM and Sirius is not near CD quality. They advertise digital radio quality, not CD, that just means no static. They use a ton of compression to fit the amount of channels they have into the amount of bandwidth they have. I would relate the quality on the music channels to a medium to low quality MP3 and the talk channels which are compressed even further to about AM radio quality. Sirius seems to boost the bass levels to give the music the illusion of better quality. Don't get me wrong, its not horrible unless you are using an FM modulator, which just makes matters worse. The only time I really notice the lower sound quality is if I go from CD to satellite.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts