Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone First time poster, im new to the titan world and computers so please bear with me.I just bought my first Titan. I'ts an 07 crew 4x4 and i am totally stoked. I love it!!!!I'm looking for suggestions on cat back systems. Every sight I go to has them for the 06 and earlier but not for the 07 with the dual pipes to the muffler with 2 inlet and 1 outlet. I don't really know much i'm just learning about Titans but i'm ready to get into it and would appreciate any help anyone would be able to offer.

·
Registered
805 Posts
welcome to TT....
im not that old to TitanTalk myself. and im not sure what cat back actually is?
but if u mean exhaust, mine has Banks monters, and if deff goes VROOOM VROOOOM!

·
Registered
602 Posts
looking at getting a new exhaust but dont want to pay 500-700 dollars so thinking about jut putting a muffler on and thats it im aslo checking this next week i found a place to do custom exhaust and debating between single or dauls all the way back any advice guys wanting to keep the good ride down the road but want it to come alive we i get on it

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i,ve checked out all these systems and the problem is that the 07 titan runs duals to the muffler with single outlet. The 04-06 has a single pipe to the muffler with single outlet.These systems ( volant, banks, flowmaster ect...) will change the dual pipe system on the 07 to a single pipe system. Doesn't that kind of defeat the whole purpose.

·
Super Moderator
159,635 Posts
Short answer? Probably not.

It's all about restriction, or lack of it to be more precise. I'd wager that any of those aftermarket exhausts are overall less restrictive than the stock exhaust of any of our model years. Having said that, I don't know what the reason for the change was in the '07 models. Most of the HP difference in the '07 has generally been accepted to be a product of the VVT on that engine. I've not heard of it being attributed to rerouting the exhaust slightly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carbeaux said:
Short answer? Probably not.

It's all about restriction, or lack of it to be more precise. I'd wager that any of those aftermarket exhausts are overall less restrictive than the stock exhaust of any of our model years. Having said that, I don't know what the reason for the change was in the '07 models. Most of the HP difference in the '07 has generally been accepted to be a product of the VVT on that engine. I've not heard of it being attributed to rerouting the exhaust slightly.

Think I might be better off just putting a dual inlet/dual outlet flowmaster in place of the stock muffler ( or any other brand ex/magnaflow) and just adding another tail pipe

·
Registered
71 Posts
juganaut said:
i,ve checked out all these systems and the problem is that the 07 titan runs duals to the muffler with single outlet. The 04-06 has a single pipe to the muffler with single outlet.These systems ( volant, banks, flowmaster ect...) will change the dual pipe system on the 07 to a single pipe system. Doesn't that kind of defeat the whole purpose.
The dual head pipes on the '07, I'm not sure about? But Carbeaux put it nicely, I don't see why Nissan went dual head pipes in and single tail pipe out?

When I had my custom Flowmaster exhaust installed they basically cut the stock muffler off, left the stock head pipes on, and made custom dual tail pipes. They were not mandrel bent, and they were 2 1/4". The truck felt the same, even power felt the same. This was not the case when I went to a 3" pipe.

If you are thinking of doing a cat back system, then it don't matter if the stock is dual to the muffler. Because you are removing everything.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for advice. One more question, does anyone know what size the dual pipes that go into the muffler on the 07 are, or an easy way to measure. Can't take muffler off to measure, muffler is welded to pipes on inlet side and I want to order new muffler ahead of time.

·
Registered
302 Posts
juganaut said:
Thanks for advice. One more question, does anyone know what size the dual pipes that go into the muffler on the 07 are, or an easy way to measure. Can't take muffler off to measure, muffler is welded to pipes on inlet side and I want to order new muffler ahead of time.
PM Aquaholic he has an 07 that he put a flowmaster 50 delta series dual in single out on his truck and he loves it!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Jug - I too have an 07 dual in single out. The factory exhaust on our trucks is mandrel bent (2" in I believe) 2.5" out. I think replacing just the muffler would be as good as any aftermarket system, because of the dual mandrel bent exhaust. That said, get a high flow muffler 2 in 1 out and save some money. You can ask guys here, but I believe the 2 in 2 out is louder than the 2 in 1 out.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
PM me, I'll go through my decisions with you if you want. I have an '04 that I went dual-in, single out, and out the door I paid $280, with taxes.

Or there was a thread on cat-back versus custom exhaust.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Stillen has one that uses dual in single out for 07's just a litte more pricy than the ones for the 04-06. Same HP. The Y-pipe is a good thing if you wan tto keep any lowend for towing etc. if you do alot of driving at high RPM's or drag racing then I think it would be more important to remove it at the cost of some low end grunt.

Yea so not much difference in 07 exhaust not sure why Nissan Changed it. perhaps it was easier to manufacture or install this way...

When I figured it out there was not much difference in cost between just changing the muffer and adding a tip than buying a complete exhaust. Just figure that getting the complete unit would be the way to go, unless your handy with tools and a welder.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been out of town a few days. just got back and loged on. Some great suggestions,thanks everyone. I like that supertrap setup you posted mantis. Great idea I never even thought of going that way. I am know. Ill probably chek out that stillen cat back too just for kicks but the sound clips you posted of the supertrap sounded great. Love the thought of being able to adjust it with the discs. Just have to find a good shop where I live to have the pipes bent up. Open to suggestions for the Boston Mass. area

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Jug - if you don't like drone, don't get magnaflow. I just put mine on yesturday and urghhhhh. 1600-2000rpm drone that I don't like. I'm going back down next week to try something different. Look like this is gonna get costly.....:crying:

·
Registered
602 Posts
thanks for that one about magna flow. i was considering it not wanting to do the whole exhaust just put a muffler and tip on as i just paid 800 for tires and thinking about getting the 2* timming. i im buying a brush guard and bed ext. from on here to so ive blown about 1100 this week on it lol.want the stillen chip but dont see that happening for a while. but am definitly doing the exhaust here soon just worried about the drone and having to try a few diff mufflers

·
Registered
602 Posts
i just had the flowmaster 40 put on single in and out if u do not like drone then definetly do no get this. everything i read said that the flowmaster 40 was about the same as stock and the sound clips sounded alright but man was that off. it is pretty loud just cuisring down the road i like the sound when i get on but did not think it would be that loud just cuising down the road

·
Registered
17 Posts
I guess everyones opinion is different. I had the magnaflows put on this past weekend and love it. At 65mph I can still listen to the music (at normal levels) with no problem. Sure your going to hear a little bit from the exhaust but if that little bit bothers you stay stock.

Bob

·
Registered
602 Posts
i wouldn't mind a littlebut it is actually louder cruising at 60 than it is when i get on it lol. love the sound but ya should have stayed stock

1 - 20 of 20 Posts