Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got my JBA delivered yesterday, and I went to install it today. (buyjba.com for $340 shipped!)

For all of you NOT in new england... we get rust. lots of rust. From what I can tell from these nice balls of rust, is that there looks to be studs coming out of the second cats, where the exhaust bolts on to. Removing the nuts would allow the exhaust to be pulled off...?

These will not be coming out without heat, and I'm also assuming they're going to break. I literally cant tell its a nut, nor the size. I dont have a nice torch and im not paying $100 to a shop to remove my stock section...I would rather chew it off with my teeth.

I have a cutting wheel, air tools, and pretty much everything but a torch.

I was thinking of cutting off the nut, and both end of the studs... then just drilling holes in the flanges to match the jba/gaskets and throwing in some stainless bolts.

Am i correct on how this area is connected?

Your thoughts on rebolting this area?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Yeah the studs are crap basically. I had to cut two of mine to install new b-pipes. Used a cutting wheel and then a drill to drill the studs out. Just get some Grade 8 bolts, nuts and washers and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah the studs are crap basically. I had to cut two of mine to install new b-pipes. Used a cutting wheel and then a drill to drill the studs out. Just get some Grade 8 bolts, nuts and washers and you'll be good to go.
I am assuming this is what I will be doing tonight as well (Rochester, NY)...

What size bolts did you use?

·
Registered
263 Posts
For those interested... I cut all for studs out with an angle grinder, flush with the (cat) manifold, then used a bit set to step up to an eventual 3/8" hole. Purchased some stainless 3/8"x1.5" bolts from Lowes and we were ready to rock.

Also - Autozone had the exhaust gaskets for like $3.

Reactions: Mack207
1 - 4 of 4 Posts