Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the volant CAI with the upgraded filter for my 2011 titan ... Does anyone know how well this works or sounds ? Also was curious if anyone knows if the banks, gibson or flowmaster 40 series would be the best combo with this and will it fit on the 2011 ?

thanks

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I just ordered the volant CAI with the upgraded filter for my 2011 titan ... Does anyone know how well this works or sounds ? Also was curious if anyone knows if the banks, gibson or flowmaster 40 series would be the best combo with this and will it fit on the 2011 ?

thanks
I don't know much about Volant but it will perform very well for you. As far as exhaust goes, just do a muffler swap. DO NOT get a flowmaster or any other chambered muffler. Get a flow through muffler like, magnaflow, bullet ect. Your exhaust set-up is great from the factory except for the muffler. Do you want it loud or a little louder than stock?

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I ended up liking the Gibson the best, at least their single, swept-side exhaust. Especially if you don't plan on running headers. If you do, I'd say go with a true dual setup.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do want it loud but not cherry bomb or glass pack loud ... Just a nice healthy truck sound .... I've heard alot of bad things cause of the drone and yea I think I am really leaning forward towards the magnaflow muffle swap with a tip .....

·
Registered
45 Posts
troy, i was on the way home from getting the magna flow muffler swap done when i talked with you yesterday. It is the 18" dual in single out (12258)and I had them dump it right before the axle. I love not seeing the exhaust tip. I had the magna flow cat back on my 05 it was alot louder than doing the swap. It sounds good just not what I expected. I don't recall if my 05 had 4 sets of cats or not, but the 11 does and that could be whats hushing it up!!! It has no drone at all tried every rpm range nothing..... and it sounds great at start up, sound the same as stock at idle and is maybe one notch louder at normal accel and growls nicely at wot. If i did it over I might have gone with the dynomax bullets. Had I not been used to the magnaflow cat back on the 05 (which used the same can) I might have been perfectly pleased:bangit:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Look on YouTube and get what sounds good. I bought an 18" magnaflow and that thing popped like crazy, performance was good but I was embarrassed to floor it. Your not gaining much through the exhaust so get what you like. Typically chambered mufflers will perform less than a straight through design.
Heres a link to some of my vids:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...294-2-mile-open-track-fm-super40-exhaust.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts