Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning ! Probably an old subject but i need to repair the broken off tailpipe to muffler flange asap to pass an inspection . I found a pic 54Warrior posted about 5 yrs a go where he used an adapter pipe and two clamps to make the repair . My question is what is the I.D. size of this pipe ? Is it 3'' I.D. X 3'' I.D. or is the muffler side smaller ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found another post where someone said the pipe diameter was 2.5 on both sides . In 54Warrior pic it looks like the pipe adapter flanges out larger to the tailpipe . Can someone please confirm this , this is for a stock 2004 exhaust .

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just had a thread on this cause mine snapped off straight before the flange. I had the exhaust shop to run it out the side before the rear tire.only cost $100 parts and labour. I won't be having anymore flange problems lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When mine broke off on the way to work I just fabricated it together with parts I had laying around the shop to make it driveable. I need to get the inspection done now so i want to go to the parts store and buy the $10 fix you see in the 54warrior pic. I just want to make sure i get the right size adapter before i tear it all apart . I sent a PM to 54warrior but have not heard back yet . I'm planning on doing the full JBA LT headers and catback system after i get my x-mas bonus . In his pic it looks like a 2.5 x 3.0 adapter but i'm not sure . I hope I can get an answer today

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I measured my old stock exhaust and the pipe coming out of the muffler is 2.5'' OD. The pipe going over the axle is 2.75'' OD. This is a 2008 so it may not be the same as a 2004. My exhaust seems to be repaired like the one in your pic but with a 2.5 x 2.5 connector clamped over the muffler pipe and somehow pushed INSIDE the 2.75'' end pipe with another clamp to secure that side.

I hope what I wrote makes sense lol. There may be some language errors.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
No worries. Your mastery of English as a second language is actually better than a lot of native English speakers.
Thank you :) It's fun to practise other languages.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts