Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is a 2004 CC 4x4 with a leaking manifold as usual. From reading many forums it seems the only fix (cost effective also) is some headers. I live in Canada and am exposed to harsh winters. My biggest concern with headers is rusting from all the salt and crap on the roads. Would rather have shorty headers and am thinking of doing s full exhaust replacement. Any suggestions, and what header choice will resist the lovely weather here in Canada.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
If you want shorty headers, JBA is the only choice, I believe. You are a 4x4, so if you are going to do it yourself, good luck. It's a major PITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the advantage to going with a long tube header?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
What is the advantage to going with a long tube header?
You get more low end power. Plus you can bolt them to your stock b pipes and don't have to worry about welding in some high flow cats or cats in general.
The short tube headers don't come with cats. I have the JBA shorties but no cats. Flanges are welded on them and bolted to some straight pipe for my exhaust setup.

Honestly if you don't have emissions go with shorties and run with no cats. You will probably have to get UpRev so you won't throw codes and ruin your engine running catless.

***Also OBX makes shorties.

·
Registered
261 Posts
the long tube headers are a direct bolt on to your b pipes, whereas the shorty's require flanges welded on to bolt on to a new catalytic converter or straight or straight pipe which then is bolted on to your existing b pipes. basically a shorty is shorter requires more fabrication, but are less expensive. some have also claimed the long tubes make more torque down low and shorty headers make more power in the mid to top end range.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
My top end and mid acceleration and pull is completely different than stock. I can vouge for that. I'm actually not running any stock b pipe in my setup lol. Like I said pipe after shorties to xpipe and bullets lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts