Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my flowmaster super 40 dual in dual out installed yesterday!! sounds good, i'm actually quite suprised how quiet it is... i almost wish it was louder... only drone i noticed is at 62 mph (1700 rpms) or whenever i have it at low speeds under a load at 1700rpms, and even that isnt real bad... there will be pics and sound clips to come later this week when i get the time...

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
StuntDriver06 said:
got my flowmaster super 40 dual in dual out installed yesterday!! sounds good, i'm actually quite suprised how quiet it is... i almost wish it was louder... only drone i noticed is at 62 mph (1700 rpms) or whenever i have it at low speeds under a load at 1700rpms, and even that isnt real bad... there will be pics and sound clips to come later this week when i get the time...
I heard that setup at Old Town III. It was awesome!

Makes me wonder if I did a dual Banks...

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
almost forgot...... i have the factory exhaust from my 07 from about 1.5 feet in front of the muffler back if anyone is interested let me know...

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Sounds cool Stunt. I'm surprised it is quiet. I figured a speed freak like you wanted something loud. LOL. I'm glad you like the new mod.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
hows the throttle response? any more pep than stock?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Stunt, I would have though dual in dual out would be loud, and have a little more pep. I can't hardly wait for the meet, I guess I will here it then in person.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
since my last post i found part of the problem i think.... the tips were welded all the way around cept at the bottom, he left a 1 inch spot for water to drain out (i guess because of the rolled tips) but the tips have a hole pre-drilled in them to let out water.... when idling, i could feel LOTS of air coming out of that spot.... and when i covered it up the sound changed dramatically, so i covered the holes with some jb weld type stuff that i acquired, and its a lot louder, i never would have thought that it would make that big of a difference....

he toomny, if i pull out the resos will it resonate inside the cab really bad?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I hope your not going to feel like I do right now... when you read about the new SUPER 44'S. ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW THAT I DON'T HAVE OR I JUST GOT THE PRODUCT JUST BEFORE THE NEW ONE CAME OUT.:crybaby:

·
Premium Member
43,118 Posts
how much did that setup run you?
I'm planning on the magna flow after cat duals......
just wondering the difference in price.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Do you have a sound clip yet? Or did I just miss it above?

I am really thinking about the 50 series SUV flowmaster. It has a deeper grumble than stock, but not too loud. I am just worried about drone when I pull my boat and running down the highway.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just captured the soundclip, ill upload it shortly... this muffler (as with any "super" flowmaster muffler) has what they call delta flow technology, which means that it doesnt have much drone.... i get some at 1700 rpms but i can work around it... it isnt bad at all.... ill post a vid in a few mins... as for cost, the muffler was 108 shipped from summitracing.com i have the dual in dual out, and the tips were 65 shipped, and the install cost me $100, install would probably cost more, but i found a good exhaust man with good prices....

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
StuntDriver06 said:
just captured the soundclip, ill upload it shortly... this muffler (as with any "super" flowmaster muffler) has what they call delta flow technology, which means that it doesnt have much drone.... i get some at 1700 rpms but i can work around it... it isnt bad at all.... ill post a vid in a few mins... as for cost, the muffler was 108 shipped from summitracing.com i have the dual in dual out, and the tips were 65 shipped, and the install cost me $100, install would probably cost more, but i found a good exhaust man with good prices....
Thanks, I am anxious to here it. Price sounds good. I shouldn't need the dual in, dual out or the tips. I would be happy with stock exit, I just want a little bit deeper sound when your foot is in it! I don't want massive gains from it, but definately do not want to lose any torque.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 20 of 28 Posts