Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Titan that I just bought has an exhaust leak. When I took it to an exhaust shop, they said that in order to repair the leak, they'd have to replace the entire catalytic converter and that, unfortunately, Nissan is the only maker that must sell the exhaust manifold and catalytic converter as one part. Is this accurate, or am I being taken advantage of?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Depends on where you live. In CA, and a few other states, OEM is almost the only option. In many states, however, you have other options. If you don't live in an asinine nanny-state where liberty is dead, you should contact Nightowl on this forum. He can give you the best options and the best pricing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I replaced both of mine on my 2005 and got them from Rockauto. I bought the Eastern Catalytic brand and cost about $200 ea. Just make sure to order set of Nissan gaskets. They seal better than aftermarket. Also order a stud Kit as you will need it. I have had the right side on for over two years and no problem. The left is over a year and no problem. I would highly recommend them. Forgot to mention, I am in WI. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts