Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my truck in about 5 times for leaking exhaust manifolds. Every time they said they were fine, no leaks. On cold start, you could definitely hear the flutter of leaking exhaust.

At 86,000 Miles, Finally they said that both my exhaust manifolds were cracked and leaking. Interesting they finally find it 6000 miles out of warranty.

Except,

I surprised them with my 100K extended Nissan Warranty. They had to do both under warranty!!!

Funny how when under warranty dealers show a blind eye, but the moment they think there is no warranty, whola!!

Anyway, they replaced both exhaust manifolds.

MY question is, are the new one built better to prevent cracking, or are they the same as the ones that cracked?

I did notice a 3mpg increase in fuel mileage since they replaced them.

·
Registered
261 Posts
do you know how to find out if my truck might have a 100K warranty i bought from a dealer with 90K and they didn't say. my manifolds are cracked and would love to replace them for free! i guess i should call the dealer with my vin?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I bought my titan brand new with magna flow exhaust already installed and i bought an extended warranty at the time of purchase. Now three years later I have a manifold leak and the dealership will not fix under the warranty stating it's because I have an aftermarket exhaust, what should I do? I have even contacted the swfl nissan rep and they said they can not help because the aftermarket exhaust voids the warranty.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Show them a copy of the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.

Take it to a different dealer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought a 6yr/100K extended nissan warranty when I bought the truck new.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Stories like this just reaffirm my opinion of Nissan dealers. They're a bunch of crooks! That why I never bring my truck into those shysters no matter what, even if I need a warranty repair. I need to get the ECU relay recall done, but I don't want to bring my truck in. I'd like to get my manifolds checked for leaks, but I know the merry go round I'd have to go on to get that done. If/when they crack, I'm going to change them out for some DT shorties and be done with it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The crazy thing is, I love my Nissan titan, but, I will never buy another one again.

Their isn't a whole lot of nissan dealers, so you are limited, and all the nissan dealers near me are awful, especially when it comes to warranty concerns. It's like it is always a battle to get them to find and fix anything.

Everything is alway "No problem found".

I went one time for a bad vibration at highway speeds. They said no problem found, and charged me $80 to "diagnose it", because no problem founds are not covered under warranty.

On my way home, it vibrated all the way there. I get home crawl under and within minutes I found that my front driveshaft ujoints moved 1/4". And I found antifreeze leaking all over the bottom of the engine.

I took it right back and raised hell. They refunded my $80, replaced the ujoints and radiator under warranty, and then asked me not ever to return because I raised hell when I came back that day!!!

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Hmm, you guys all have horror stories of Dealers :p I have a Dealer in my city around 5 miles from my house, and they have never done anything like that to me? I called um up about my cracked manifolds (which i still need to get fixed) and they said we'll replace. No information about me, just asked how many miles were on the truck, and they said they would do it.

Only problem ive had was that sh*t is expensive from the parts guy! And hes the only guy that sells the sh*t i ever need! $20 for a radiator cap? Never put it on and he wouldn't take it back??? $17 for a quart of tranny fluid???

·
Registered
686 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
You need to be shopping on line for parts bro....LOL. Either that or drive down to Bakersfield or up to Fresno and see if those guys can give you a better deal on parts.

Here is how I deal with my local Nissan Dealer's Parts Department.
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...-nissan-dealership.html?highlight=times+tough
If he's drives to either one of those locations, the cost of gas is going to eat into any possible savings that he might get. Nissan dealers don't like to price match on parts especially if it's an online place. That's just my own personal experience dealing with the local stealers around here though.

The local dealer you're going to must be giving you "trade prices". Those are generally the prices you find on the Nissan parts online sites. The people who work in the parts dept get employee price which is even lower than trade price from what I'm told. However, I don't know if Nissan does employee pricing for the parts dept employees. I assume that they do. I know GM does or used to before they were bailed out by the govt. My local GM dealer used to give me trade prices which was about the same as what I'd pay on the GM parts online sites. In some cases, it was actaully better buying from the dealer because I didn't have to pay shipping & handling on bulky items like fenders and door skins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts