Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My T is at the dealer right now doing a bunch of random work (recall items, warranty work, tranny replacement, etc.) and I mentioned to the service writer that it sounds like I have a leaking RH exhaust manifold. They want $1,247.35 to replace it. I asked if it's not part of the long term emissions warranty since the cats are built into it and the service writer said no, the cats aren't built into the manifold and it's just the manifold that is cracked. He states the manifold would have been covered by the 5/60k powertrain warranty (expired) and not the long-term emissions 8/80k warranty. My T is an '05 with just under 73k on the clock. Options?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
8/80 is correct. Manifolds and converter are one piece.
The service writer is being pretty adamant about this not being covered by any warranty. I imagine his reasoning is that the converter is functional and intact. Any verbiage in the warranty I can quote or anything you think I should say/do to get this taken care of?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Just tell them to call Nissan. Nissan sent a letter out several months ago stating that a cracked exhaust manifold is 100% covered under the 8yr/80,000 emission warranty.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone have a copy of this letter? I'm on the phone with Nissan and they are giving me problems about it...saying they have no knowledge of such a letter.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sudden urge, it's at Mid City Nissan...I just moved to Chicago. Any experiences here? They seem to be pretty good so far. I live in Albany Park, you?

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
It's 8/80K!! I hate the dealers!! Always trying to rip people off.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
sudden urge, it's at Mid City Nissan...I just moved to Chicago. Any experiences here? They seem to be pretty good so far. I live in Albany Park, you?
I'm in Orland Park (SW burb). I try to stay away from dealers...lol.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got this in an e-mail from my service writer at the dealership on Friday:

"I just checked with my parts department and you have the one part catalyst and manifold all in one, so this repair WILL be covered under the 8yrs 80mile warranty.
I will order this today."

I replied back asking if we could get both sides done...I think I heard a leak there, too ;)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
What does it sound like if they are cracked on startup and idle? What is the interval between the "ticks"? My mpg has dropped pretty severely recently and i believe i hear a "tick" coming from the driver side manifold.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mine were very noisy upon starting. When the engine heats up the leaks becomes less evident. I replaced my manifolds with the Bear River after market ones. So far so good

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Trying to stay away from the dealership, but any other shop can't get a part do to a nationwide back-order of 60-90 days. Let me know how it goes for you. I'm going to contact the dealer and Nissan with this new info. Maybe I can get both of mine fixed too!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's awesome. After reading your post I too contacted Nissan yesterday, and then brought it to the dealership today. They have to pull the heat shield to officially "diagnose" the problem, but barring anything odd, they will replace it under warranty. We need to spread the word, and the word is stick it to the man!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got Titan back from the dealer, and it will be 100% covered also. I can't thank everyone on this thread that put for input. Saved me a ton af cash and headache. Shweeet!!

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Trying to stay away from the dealership, but any other shop can't get a part do to a nationwide back-order of 60-90 days. Let me know how it goes for you. I'm going to contact the dealer and Nissan with this new info. Maybe I can get both of mine fixed too!!
We all try to stay away from the dealership but sometimes it's best to go there, especially for warranty such as this.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can anyone tell me more details about the "tick" sound?

I have an obvious exhaust leak on the driver's side that sounds like it's coming from right under the cab but it doesn't sound like a tick. It goes away completely after driving for about 10 seconds.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can anyone tell me more details about the "tick" sound?

I have an obvious exhaust leak on the driver's side that sounds like it's coming from right under the cab but it doesn't sound like a tick. It goes away completely after driving for about 10 seconds.

Thanks

Mine would do that sometimes too. After it warmed up the noise and tic sound would go away. Still getting manifold replaced.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts