Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping one of you guys can help me out. I have cracked exhaust manifolds just like every other titan it seems. I was going to buy the Bear River converters hoping that they would pass CA smog testing when the time came. I found a guy parting a 2008 Titan out about an hour from my house and was wondering if they would be a direct replacement for my 2006? He wants $300 dollars for both and supposedly they have 30,000 miles on them.Assuming they are not cracked and they will bolt up should I buy these instead of the Bear River's? I still believe the Bear River manifolds will pass the smog test in Cali unless I get unlucky enough to get a Titan expert for a smog technician. I also think the Bear River manifolds will last longer than any Titan take off manifolds. So do i play it safe get the used ones that I know will pass smog and potentially have to replace them again sometime in the future or do I spend 500 extra dollars now and see if I can sneak the Bear River manifolds by the guys at the smog shop?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Bestatchess I knew you would be here to help me out. So will the 08 Manifolds bolt up to my 06 exhaust system?

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Yes Bestatchess I knew you would be here to help me out. So will the 08 Manifolds bolt up to my 06 exhaust system?
The Answer is yes! I just replaced my 05 manifold with an 08 manifold in December.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks JonB. I drove down to pick the used manifolds up but there still installed on a crashed Titan with no tires on it. I got the drivers side off before it started raining. I'm going back tomorrow morning to try my luck at the other side what a PITA.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Thanks JonB. I drove down to pick the used manifolds up but there still installed on a crashed Titan with no tires on it. I got the drivers side off before it started raining. I'm going back tomorrow morning to try my luck at the other side what a PITA.
Wow, they are making you remove them and pay them $300.00 bucks for them? Are you getting them from a salvage yard?

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Damn!!! $300 for used manifolds, WTH

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I got the OBX LT for $350 (not installed yet) and they were delivered to my door. Good luck getting the other side off.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Damn!!! $300 for used manifolds, WTH
That's about the going rate for used 2008+ factory manifolds. Considering a new set will cost you $700.00, the price isn't too bad.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got the OBX LT for $350 (not installed yet) and they were delivered to my door. Good luck getting the other side off.
Could you point me to where I could get a pair of those and educate me on any differences between using factory manifolds and these headers?

I really do not see a need in buying new factory manifolds when they have proven themselves unreliable to date.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Headers may not work in CA... How many miles on your truck?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The only headers you can use in CA are jba Shorties but you need a cat and there are 0 Carb approved hi flow cats. I read on here it is dangerous to reuse old cats which is what You would have to do in order to pass smog. You legally only have Nissan's manifolds or jbas with old cats.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
The only headers you can use in CA are jba Shorties but you need a cat and there are 0 Carb approved hi flow cats. I read on here it is dangerous to reuse old cats which is what You would have to do in order to pass smog. You legally only have Nissan's manifolds or jbas with old cats.
I highly recommend not using used manifolds even if it is an 08+ I've heard they last from 40-80k. how many miles are on that truck? True on the shortys that's why i didn't go that route.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I highly recommend not using used manifolds even if it is an 08+ I've heard they last from 40-80k. how many miles are on that truck? True on the shortys that's why i didn't go that route.
Really? I haven't heard any complaints about the 08+ manifolds. Has anyone made a thread concerning their reliability or reporting faults? I have only seen threads and posts complaining about the 04 through 07's. Are the 08+ cracking too?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
To the OP, how many miles on your truck???

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My truck has 106,000 miles the 08 that I got the manifolds off of had 27000 miles. I think the 08+ manifolds haven't had enough time/miles to start cracking yet but will start being reported more and more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, Forgive me if this seems long winded. I have a cracked exhaust manifold on my o6 titan. It has been cracked since about 70000 miles. At that time they wanted $2000 to replace. I just got the letter about the 80000 mile warranty but I now have 92000 miles. 1) Will Nissan replace under warranty or 2) would it be better if I replaced with Headers? If I go the header route, what all will I need. I ve heard that I will have to replace the entire exhaust system with new o2 sensors etc. Any help would be great. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Ok, Forgive me if this seems long winded. I have a cracked exhaust manifold on my o6 titan. It has been cracked since about 70000 miles. At that time they wanted $2000 to replace. I just got the letter about the 80000 mile warranty but I now have 92000 miles. 1) Will Nissan replace under warranty or 2) would it be better if I replaced with Headers? If I go the header route, what all will I need. I ve heard that I will have to replace the entire exhaust system with new o2 sensors etc. Any help would be great. thanks in advance.
If you have a repair order that says you needed exhaust manifolds @ 70K and the dealer did not replace them, then Nissan and the dealer will need to replace them under goodwill.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.