Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced they're cracked manifold's with aftermarket ones and had good luck I'm looking to do that to my Titan and I heard about the Cajun b pipes and it sounds like a great idea but I just don't have the bankroll to do it any advice would be helpful thank you

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
You have a few options. You can buy aftermarket (Dorman, Pace Setter, etc.) for roughly $300 apiece. That's $600 total, plus gaskets. If you pay someone to install them, it's about 8hrs labor at shop rates. The Pace Setters are known to be junk with tremendous fitment problems and I'd stay away from them. Dormans will likely fit. Now, here's the shakedown. You spend $600 on parts, and whatever labor costs (either you do it yourself or pay the shop rate). In a year or two, you'll very likely be doing it again. And that's another $600 for parts and 8hrs shop labor or a full day of your own time.

Alternately, you can swap up to JBA long-tubes ($450-ish and up pricing) and buy Uprev ($500 or so, I think). You won't be back in there again for exhaust manifolds, and you will have more power, more torque, and possibly better mpg, if you're lucky and can keep your foot out of it. You can do it without the b-pipes for now, and it will work. Or you can swap up the whole thing, and be done with it until you sell your truck or the wheels fall off.

I know which way I'd go. Headers and Uprev and saving for b-pipes at least. You're talking $200-300 difference in initial cost for headers/Uprev, and never having to do the job again, versus saving the $200-300 now but spending 2-3x that in short order to re-fix the problem. I know $200-300 is a lot of cash. But scrimp on some stuff and save it up. You'll be glad you did.

Reactions: Bigdelicious1

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Search function.

Reactions: COREYMFT

·
Registered
13 Posts
When you install the jba long tube headers do you leave out the second cat? I just got the headers and I see a bung so I assume the answer is yes.
Do I have to get a custom tune or will a bulldog tuner work? I just bought the bulldog so hopefully it will work.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Do not use any aftermarket manifolds as this is just a fair warning as it will fail and the labor will kill you in the long run either doing it yourself or paying. I can't tell you how many guys call me wishing they did the stage 1 first. Do your research before you spend a dime.

·
Registered
456 Posts
When you install the jba long tube headers do you leave out the second cat? I just got the headers and I see a bung so I assume the answer is yes.
Do I have to get a custom tune or will a bulldog tuner work? I just bought the bulldog so hopefully it will work.
Jba longtube headers bolt up to your bpipes (second cats).
The o2 sensor goes in the top bung and the plug goes in the lower. Use anti seize on both the plug and o2 sensor and any other stainless nuts you tighten. Return the bullydog and contact cajun for uprev ,the bullydog will not properly tune the truck.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
8 hrs is standards across the country for 2wd and 10 hrs is standard for 4wd. If you had a header/manifold install in 3hrs was it just one side? If not that is a world record install time....lol

·
Registered
358 Posts
show the invoice, i will refer that place, thats really cheap

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts