Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've had the truck I often hear a kind of loose raspy noise when idling in places where the sound can bouce off a wall and the driver can hear it. Sometimes when exhaust pipes get oil or crud on them they will sound like that as the stuff is baking off. I don't have that since I swapped the exhaust for a Borla but I still have the noise. No problems that I can see but I'd expect a nice low thrumming rather than the raspy sound for a well tuned vehicle. It also sounds like something very thin and metal would be lose but I checked underneath for anything and I don't see anything.

Anyone have any hints?

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
double check all those heat shields underneath, make sure none are loose... then check all the "bolt on" connections to make sure there isn't any cracks or leaks (look for visible blackened areas)... worse case scenerio, take it to a muffler shop to check the entire system, or your local stealership to inspect the exhaust manifold, cats, reso's, etc...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do. Heat shields yes, that's what it sounds like kinda tinny/raspy and I forgot it's after it's heated up some. Thansk

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
When you say idle do you mean stopped at a light idle or in park? When mine made a similar noise I would only hear it under load never in park or neutral. It turned out to be my exhaust manifold. Someone on CT had this type of noise also but it turned out to be his exhaust tubes. He described them as items #5 ad #9. I see you posted on CT also I will link that thread to you I just happened to find it here also.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...e/57753-rattle-1500-rpm.html?highlight=rattle

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts