Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm new here. I have a 2005 SE. I love my truck, and want to start adding some things. To start, I was looking at exhaust options.

I'm not trying to spend a fortune, because there is no way the wife will let that happen, due to my other expensive hobbies. I have all but settled on a Flowmaster 50 series. I am looking for a nice, smooth, deep rumble, but I don't want anything super loud. I had the 50 series on my old 99 GMC Sierra, and it sounded perfect.

Do any of you out there have any suggestions? I've looked at several videos on Youtube of different setups, but the camera doesn't always do it justice.

If there is a existing thread on here about this topic, you are more than welcome to provide the URL. I gave up on my search.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the banks exhaust system on my 2004 Titan and personally I think its the best sounding exhaust system option out there. I've seen the duals, east and west. Nothing compares to the banks. It's deep and throaty and packs a punch when you step on it. But everyone's opinion is different. My best advice would be look up sound clips from other titans on you tube.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I wouldnt waste money on exhaust until you get headers and uprev. Depending on your mileage and driving habits your truck will need it eventually.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I cut the pipes where they come together behind the cab and put 2 magnaflow 3 chamber mufflers in and exits at rear corners with 4" tips(Spare tire location lost). Quiet at idle but sounds great as soon as you get on the gas all the way through rpms.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Just get the JBA evol catback exhaust, proven performance on the Titan. For the price you cant go wrong, can be purchased for less than $400.

Reactions: nightowl

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am running a 50 series flowmaster on my 2004 CC. It's a fairly good compromise between too loud and droning on the highway but still pretty beefy when you get on it.
Don't know if the OP is still interested in modding his exhaust or not since this thread was getting cold, but I thought I'd pipe-in with my experiences.
I've owned my 2004 since 2005 when I bought it with 10,000 miles on the clock. I had it lifted for about 6-7 years but I've brought it down to stock in the last couple of years.
For exhaust I switched from stock to a flowmaster series 50 first, but I wasn't satisfied with the tone. So I took that off and put on a super 44. That was very aggressive but not too loud, as long as you weren't getting on it too much. But the drone and general noise level eventually got annoying after a few years (4-5), so off it came and the 50 series went back on. Now after several years I'm thinking the stock muffler maybe coming back. I've kept the stock one so it's only a few bucks to have it back on.
So the wheels keeps rolling :wink:
When you keep a rig this long its nice to made some changes now and then to alleviate boredom. Hope this helps someone.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Bad thing with Flowmaster is it sounds horrible with headers installed. Most will go with headers when the manifolds crack so I recommend getting a system that works with headers and the JBA is one of the best.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just my 2 cents. I had the Banks on my 2006 Titan and I had about 130,000 miles on the Banks before I got a newer Titan. Always sounded good, always felt nice on the peddle. Want to put Banks on my newer Titan but the wife is telling me its to loud. I'm thinking about a divorce.lol

Really Banks is my first system I put on a new truck in 2006. I like the sound and like I said it lasted me 130,000 miles. If I could of I would have pulled it off the old Titan and put it on the new one.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I had the Bank's monster exhaust on two of my Titan's. If you like loud and deep, it's the way to go. Unfortunately, it does have drone. Fit, finish and long term quality is superb. I'm now on my third Titan and now running the Nismo exhaust. It does run slightly stronger at low RPMs because of the smaller pipe diameter. I like the stylish dual output. I'm also enjoying a tamer/quieter exhaust note. I must admit though, I'm getting older too. Lol.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
headers and the catted B`s def changed the sound of my current AFE Mach Force exhaust... still sounds very good, but a lot more drone in the cab than before... it`s tolerable...

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I had the Bank's monster exhaust on two of my Titan's. If you like loud and deep, it's the way to go. Unfortunately, it does have drone. Fit, finish and long term quality is superb. I'm now on my third Titan and now running the Nismo exhaust. It does run slightly stronger at low RPMs because of the smaller pipe diameter. I like the stylish dual output. I'm also enjoying a tamer/quieter exhaust note. I must admit though, I'm getting older too. Lol.
Don't add headers... or your Nismo will make the Banks sound tame as stock!!! :lol: Seriously, my headered Nismo system sets off car alarms and makes other trucks' tailgates drop when unleashed inside a tunnel... And yes, that actually has happened...

Wouldn't change it for the world. :devil:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't add headers... or your Nismo will make the Banks sound tame as stock!!! :lol: Seriously, my headered Nismo system sets off car alarms and makes other trucks' tailgates drop when unleashed inside a tunnel... And yes, that actually has happened...

Wouldn't change it for the world. :devil:
Same here, JBA LT's with Nismo catback and it is AMAZING. I brought it to a custom fab shop to have my suspension adjusted and 3 separate people commented on how good it sounds when they brought it to the back. It is extremely loud when you open it up though with lots of pop, but i'm not complaining.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I love my flow master 50, except for the fact that it's only 6mos old and already has a break in the welding. I have jba long tubes and catted b pipes which help the aggressiveness. Overall I think it's hard to beat the rumble of a chambered muffler.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts