Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I was driving yesterday and heard a clanging sound for a few minutes and originally thought it was my golf clubs rattling around against the tailgate, however an hour later, started driving again and found that my exhaust pipe had rusted through and fell to the ground. Not having much knowledge on this performance stuff, I thought I'd ask around on this forum. My muffler is still fine, but getting a few rust patches on it, but I figured this would be a good time to upgrade everything underneath. I am very interested in Magnaflow and have been looking at parts online. I have been told that to save money ( i have a wedding next month we are paying for) that I should just replace the muffler and pipes rather than do full cat-back because it won't make that much of a difference in performance. I am looking for a good solid sound, fairly aggressive but not overly annoying. My brother told me there is a place locally (MD) that will build an exhaust for $300 but I don't know if i still have to buy the magnoflow muffler online or not. Any tips, suggestions or comments on what I should do would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,736 Posts
if your stuff rusted through, you better get stainless hardware for the next setup.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Reactions: smctitan

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey everyone, I was driving yesterday and heard a clanging sound for a few minutes and originally thought it was my golf clubs rattling around against the tailgate, however an hour later, started driving again and found that my exhaust pipe had rusted through and fell to the ground. Not having much knowledge on this performance stuff, I thought I'd ask around on this forum. My muffler is still fine, but getting a few rust patches on it, but I figured this would be a good time to upgrade everything underneath. I am very interested in Magnaflow and have been looking at parts online. I have been told that to save money ( i have a wedding next month we are paying for) that I should just replace the muffler and pipes rather than do full cat-back because it won't make that much of a difference in performance. I am looking for a good solid sound, fairly aggressive but not overly annoying. My brother told me there is a place locally (MD) that will build an exhaust for $300 but I don't know if i still have to buy the magnoflow muffler online or not. Any tips, suggestions or comments on what I should do would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Thanks
Same thing just happened to me... I replaced it with a new Diamond Eye Performance cat back for under $350 shipped and it sounds amazing. Very deep, not annoying.

Let me know if you need info.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. I went locally and got a flowmaster 40 series installed with custom pipes and tips done within 2 hrs or so. I know i changed my mind between brands but when i got there and was talking with the guys it just made more sense and I ended up walking out with a few more $'s in my pocket. I'm very happy with the way it sounds, both at highway speeds and take-off. Next project will be CAI.

Sean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts