Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my baby became victim to the ever famous exhaust maifold death. FOR SURE the passenger side is cracked and Im not going to do just one side.. so what I want to hear from yall is, Im going to completely re-do the exhaust, starting at the man/cat all the way to the tail pipe. any advice on what you have used or trusted names in quality aftermarket parts is requested. My Titan is 2004 4x4 ext cab with 150k all stock. also any advice on how to get the damn O2 sensor off would be nice, I cant get the bastard to break loose. Thanks to all who contribute in advance
KENTON

·
Registered
686 Posts
Spray the O2 Sensor with some PB Blaster and let it soak for a few hours at least and spray it a few times during that period. If you do not want to put genuine Nissan Manifold/Cat assemblies back on then you will have to either go with headers or a set of THESE

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Ditto on the PB BLaster. If you're going to spend the money for OEM manifolds, you can get a set of DT headers and Uprev for the same cost (roughly).

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
As mentioned ^ PB Blaster is a must. You may also need to use some heat on the 02 sensor to remove them. Use some hi-temp copper anti-seize when you reinstall.

I'd go with headers and custom b-pipes. What's your budget look like to get it all done?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Its a 04 ext cab 4x4 150k, with no real budget to speak of. I dont want to put more money then its worth into it, but on the same hand Im starting a complete overhaul and anti-stock streak right now, that i hope to include a lift as well as either a really good programmer or lower end stillen. this has been the best vehicle Ive ever owned reguardless of its current status. What I want to know are brands to stay away from or brands you would swear by. @LVCOYOTE thats very helpful, I recently purchased a full banks monster, but since it was my cats and passenger side mani that failed to begin with I want to stay away from NISSAN parts as much as possible. Yall are awsome keep it up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts