Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Titan with a Banks Exhaust system already installed, and since there is some corrosion on the exhaust tip, I would like to replace it. I'm considering going with a ceramic coated black tip as a replacement. My question is related to the Banks tip. I don't know much about it, but it seems to be resonated? If I replace it with a 3rd party tip, will it affect the performance since the system is otherwise entirely Banks?

On a related note, any recommendations for Black tips?

thanks!!

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I have a Bank's & no the tip is not resonated. Actually i've heard switching out the tip to a smaller one will lessen the drone.

I would recommend removing the Bank's tip & measuring the pipe where it attaches to see what size you need to buy. There's lot's of aftermarket exhaust tip's out there, happy hunting. Let us know what you find. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I recently removed the tip and had it powdercoated black i am really happy with how it turned out plus they will sand blast it first so it will clean up nice plus 20 dollars and your out the door.

I also recoment if your wondering about the change in sound take the tip off and go for a burn see what you think, becouse it is alot different.

·
Registered
968 Posts
that tip is stainless..all you had to do was get some mothers and polish...would have lasted longer than the truck....ive got a buddy with a 5 year old system that he shines every spring and its as nice as my new system.black would look cool though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the feedback. Interesting I saw a recommendation if looking for a cheap option to simply sand/roughen the shiny surface and paint it with matte or satin paint made for painting BBQ grills. Don't think I want to go that cheap, but still an interesting option.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks guys for the feedback. Interesting I saw a recommendation if looking for a cheap option to simply sand/roughen the shiny surface and paint it with matte or satin paint made for painting BBQ grills. Don't think I want to go that cheap, but still an interesting option.
Yah i have seen guys post pictures of thier tips with bedliner on them, i am a fan of bedliner but not sure how well it is holding up to the heat but atleast its an easy touch up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts