Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have or know if I should get a true dual exhaust or is there something else to be looking at ?? I'm new to the whole exhaust mod, and have no clue to advantage or dis advantage .... thanks in advance !!

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Does anyone have or know if I should get a true dual exhaust or is there something else to be looking at ?? I'm new to the whole exhaust mod, and have no clue to advantage or dis advantage .... thanks in advance !!
Magnaflow I believe makes a true dual exhaust.
Nissan Titan Photo Gallery - My Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust

A good system will work best when the spent gases are exhaled, traveling out of the engine through your exhaust manifold, and they eventually exit out the back of your vehicle. The faster the exhaust gets out of the way, the easier it is for your engine to breathe, which means more horsepower, torque and fun behind the wheel.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
IMHO, if all you plan on doing is adding a CAI, then go for a single side exhaust to maintain low end. If you think you might do some serious upgrading (headers, cams, etc) then true duals will be the way to go.

I originally didn't plan on modding much (lmao), and went with the single swept side exhaust because it offered my setup the most power gains. But now that I've done headers and plan on cams, I'll be changing to a true dual (unless my electric cutout project solves the issue for me)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm not going all out with headers and al the other stuff, the exhaust is for a little performance but I really like the looks of the dual exhaust. The guy at the exhaust shop quoted me a true dual exhaust using two flow master mufflers for 650.00. Is this a good deal a nd will I be happy with it ??

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
what size maggys you go with ? are you happy with the setup ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went with 14" magnaflows, and am pretty happy with the sound, I only drove it for a short time, but plan on going for a long ride tomorrow. Now I want to install the CAI, but have to wait for the bank account to catch up. Was thinking about the injen, any thoughts ?...?

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
injen, aem and afe i think are the top performers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts