Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 titan and i was wondering if it will effect my hp or torque if i cut off the stock muffler and put on a flowmaster super 44 and dump after that. Will i lose low end torque or hp?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
might effect a little low end. My magnaflow muffler swap did but i gained it back in the high end.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
You will gain, but not too much with a flowmaster. Anything freeflowing will get much better numbers. Borla, dynomax, magnaflow, anything but FM!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. If I just replace the muffler with a flow or maggie and continue the exhaust out will i still lose the low end torque. I work on big cummins diesels so not sure on gas exhausts.:bangit:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
^^^I'm trying to find out the same info. So you people who know please respond. I am wanting to get either a new muffler or cat back system. I know nothing about muffler systems so it is rather difficult. Sorry not to thread hijack. To further extend on the OP...would it make sense to remove the 2nd cats I been reading about??

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I would honestly just get 2 mufflers and run true dual dumped. Just cut off the stock mufflers and put on 2 mufflers. Any free flowing muffler will work fine. Borla Pro XS are pretty quiet, 18" magnaflow is quiet but sounds great and dynomax bullets are loud. You just need to decide what sound level you want but I'd for sure do the true duals.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I would honestly just get 2 mufflers and run true dual dumped. Just cut off the stock mufflers and put on 2 mufflers. Any free flowing muffler will work fine. Borla Pro XS are pretty quiet, 18" magnaflow is quiet but sounds great and dynomax bullets are loud. You just need to decide what sound level you want but I'd for sure do the true duals.
Cool! That is good advice. What about the rear cats im reading about?? Cut em off?? Also, when you say run true dual dumped, does that mean run dual pipes to the rear??

I have been listening to sound vids on youtube. Im really liking those dynomax free flow mufflers.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
To the OP...if you just do a muffler swap you wont notice much change other than noise. The shorter the muffler the louder. Flowmaster has a nice rumble but isnt the best choice if HP is your concern.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts