Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 07 titan, if i remove the secondary cats will the check engine light come on? will i lose or gain horsepower or will it just be louder?

True Dual, ive read on here you will lose HP do to the backpressure, so some have said get a muffler with dual in dual out<will that add any more power then a dual in and single out or will it just be louder?

Thank you :D

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I don't think there are O2 sensors after the secondary cats so the check engine light shouldn't be an issue. You will definitely gain some lost HP by removing the secondary cats. If you go with a true dual setup, keep the pipes at no more than 2.25" in diameter with an X-pipe/H Pipe for best results. If you go too large on the dual pipes, performance will suffer. It's not called backpressure, it's really called exhaust scavenging.

A muffler with a dual in/dual out versus a dual in/ single out is mainly for appearance. The flow improvment comes from removing the secondary cats (if you have them), replacing the stock B-pipes, and eliminating the restrictive Y-pipe. Since the '07's had eliminated the Y-pipe merge connector and went to a dual in/single out muffler, going with a Magnaflow 22" with a single 3 or 4" pipe out the back would the best for performance and sound. If you wanted it louder, I guess you could always go with a 24" Magnaflow muffler.

The JBA catback system is very popular around here so that's an option if you wanted to ditch the stock exhaust. Banks/Flowmaster are also very popular, but you'll lose some low-end torque for the louder sound and may exhibit some drone at certain rpm ranges.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i believe ill do true dual and remove the secondary cats, you said to do X piping/H piping, i understand the X piping but can you explain the H piping please?

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I think the 24" is actually louder then the 22"...I forget the measurements, but the 24" is like 5x8 and the 22" is bigger. I used to think the 24" was the quietest myself, but someone posted the actual dimensions, and the 24" is actually a smaller muffler. Yes, remove the secondary cats, you will get no engine light. Get a dual in/single out muffler and be done with lol.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have ran both and the X kicks the H HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts