Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm about to do the exhaust mods on my 07 Titan and I have a few questions. It seems I have 2 choices: 1. A manufactured cat back system, or 2. have a local exhaust shop build me one. As far as a pre-made catback system are ther any out there that work particularly well for the 07? Then on the subject of having one made what's the best option? True dual's with H pipe or magnaflow 2 in 2 out muffler with mixing chamber. Or does someone make a 2 in 1 out performance muffler? I have a local shop that normally does the duals with the 2 in 2 out muffler option. He says there is no need for the H pipe with this configuration but he's really not a flow/performance oriented shop....he's more of a looks/sound guy. So, what do you guys think? What's the best exhaust option for the 07's? Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
242 Posts
I researched it some and ended up going with the JBA Evol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I kinda came to the same conclusion about the JBA for the pre 07 Titans. Some seemed to think that maybe it wasn't the be choice for the 07's though with the 2 in configuration. Also I saw a couple of posts complaining about the lack of aggressive sound with the JBA. Of course sound is a subjective thing....what's too quiet for some may be too loud for others. I've always pretty much run flowmasters in the past and liked the sound put out by them....very aggressive but not overly annoying. Thoughts.....anyone???? Brian

·
Registered
356 Posts
So what was the major exhaust change in 2007?

·
Registered
56 Posts
blueskys said:
So what was the major exhaust change in 2007?
Yes.. I'm curios as well.. I have a single 3" Custom Y-pipe back exhaust with a flowmaster super 44 which I'm somewhat happy with for the moment. Although it has maintained and probably gained more torque than stock, I've lost the love for the "hollow" sound it produces. I think I'm going with either the banks system or a straight pipe ( no silencer )

·
Registered
242 Posts
07 has duals off the manifolds going into the muffler. Pre 07's have a ypipe that merges into a single pipe and then into the muffler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts