Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a lot of threads on this forum discussing exhaust replacement so I figured another one wouldn't hurt. My 2010 CC with 33,000 miles has a bunch of cancer on the exhaust system. The muffler has 2 quarter size holes in it and the flange connecting the tail pipe has rotted off, currently leaving me without a tail pipe. The remainder of the system appears to be rotting away as well. I love NY winters and rock salt!

I am trying to figure out if I should replace it with and OEM type system, Walker or something like it, or if I should bite the bullet and purchase a catback system. I am looking for something that will put a little more aggressiveness into the exhaust note and add a little horse power, which almost every catback will do. I just do NOT want an insanely loud system with cabin drone or from what I understand CIS syndrome.

I am currently looking at the NISMO, Flowmaster, and Magnaflow systems, and have also looked at the Cajun system.

Any recommendation out there? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
The Nismo will be the loudest out of the three. I suggest going with proven systems by Cajun.

Reactions: nightowl

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Cajun catback with an UQ will give you a more aggressive sound without droning. Might as well get his b-pipes too, that'll open it up a little more.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
JBA with the ultra quite is a good choice too.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
If you are looking for the best bang for you buck you can't beat the jba catback. If you don't mind spending a little extra coin the Cajun catback with a borla 40944 would be my choice. With stock manifolds and b pipes both systems will be mild. The Cajun with the borla will be a bit more aggressive than the jba.

·
Vendor
7,924 Posts
These guys hit the nail on the head. Say no to flowmaster and Nismo.

Flowmaster mufflers sound like crap on these trucks with headers and the NISMO is expensive and loud while prone to cracking.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After looking around on youtube at exhaust clips and the comments above, it sounds like the JBA catback is the way to go. Anyone running the UQ resonator with the JBA system? How much modification was required to install it? Or is the resonator only required when installing headers?

·
Registered
456 Posts
The Jba is a direct bolt on and fairly easy to do. If you dont have headers and b pipes you can try it without the uq resonator first, then add it later if the drone is too loud. I would order some stainless band clamps, the clamps that come with the jba are not very good,but do work. I have headers and catless bpipes,the jba catback sounds great but the drone at 1700ish rpms throws out a bass that rattles the cab so I will be adding a resonator. I also like the sound of my headers,catless bpipes and just a ypipe, just not every day lol. I would get the jba from cajun and some band clamps also.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
You can go with a resonator after installing everything, which I plan on getting one eventually. It has to be welded in after the muffler, and for our trucks it fits best next to the spare tire. My exhaust annoys my annoying neighbors so I don't mind it that much.

·
Vendor
7,924 Posts
The JBA will drone some but is easily fixed with the UQ. Look at the ultimate exhaust with header thread I posted yesterday and you will get a idea of what the JBA will sound like with the UQ. The videos are with the borla muffler 400436 which is slightly louder than the JBA. I can get you the entire setup with 304 band clamps but I suggest welding it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts