Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a NISMO dual system installed yesterday along with NISMO headers. The power is great but I hate how loud it is. I'm scaring old people at stop lights and one lady flipped me off. An aggressive rumble is nice but this is rediculous. Does anybody know about these systems and what could be done about the noise? I hate to start modifying already but I have to do something.:dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
powdercoat said:
I had a NISMO dual system installed yesterday along with NISMO headers. The power is great but I hate how loud it is. I'm scaring old people at stop lights and one lady flipped me off. An aggressive rumble is nice but this is rediculous. Does anybody know about these systems and what could be done about the noise? I hate to start modifying already but I have to do something.:dunno:
If you don't have any cats on there you could get some high flows and install them in your B pipes. Otherwise you could look into having some resonators installed somewhere in the system. I think a Dr Gas X pipe might take some of the bite out of it by smoothing out and raising the note a little. There are also resonator tips from Zoomers which have worked for some people so you could look into that. Just stick with high quality parts that are well thought out if you modify the system and you should be fine.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,840 Posts
Holy crap man, is it THAT loud?? I WANT IT

Where did you have it done?? Sound clip!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a catback system. I posted pictures in the gallery a few days ago. I thought being from NISMO it would not only bolt up properly but also be a little less aggresive with the sound.
I thought about resonators but I wanted to get some opinions from other Titan owners. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, It's THAT loud! I'll try to figure out how to post a sound clip tomorrow. You may hear it in Bossier anyway!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
800 Posts
powdercoat said:
I had a NISMO dual system installed yesterday along with NISMO headers. The power is great but I hate how loud it is. I'm scaring old people at stop lights and one lady flipped me off. An aggressive rumble is nice but this is rediculous. Does anybody know about these systems and what could be done about the noise? I hate to start modifying already but I have to do something.:dunno:
Actually............... i would love to have that small problem... dude.......???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
602 Posts
I have a simialr problem, I had a flowmaster 40 put on with stock pipes and a 4"x12" tailpipe. love how it sounds but from 55 to 65 the drone sucks. I was told if I take the tailpipe off that would solve that. I dont think it will. anythings guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Loud is cool but I'm getting too old for that crap, plus I have to maintain a professional image since I use my truck for business. I'd consider selling the system (cat back) at a great price and installing something else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I hear ya powdercoat. I was the same as you. Like the rumble, but couldn't be too loud as I would take clients out in my truck. I put a Zoomers Cat Back system on my 04 LE C.C. and this was perfect. Gave a nice exhaust note and there was absolutely no dreaded drone which was important for me as I am constantly on the mobile phone at freeway speeds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
kitch0703 said:
I hear ya powdercoat. I was the same as you. Like the rumble, but couldn't be too loud as I would take clients out in my truck. I put a Zoomers Cat Back system on my 04 LE C.C. and this was perfect. Gave a nice exhaust note and there was absolutely no dreaded drone which was important for me as I am constantly on the mobile phone at freeway speeds.
Zoomers x2, lol. You could also try their resonator tips and it may take some of the edge off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Appreciate the thoughts. I need to sit down this weekend and look into different systems. I should have sound clips/movie posted by later tonight if I can figure out how to do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,586 Posts
Yes add some cats for starters. If still to loud throw another resenator in there. Shouldnt effect power much at all.

BTW... Is it possible to powdercoat the exhaust tip say flat black or somthing? Will it burn off? I heard of tuner cars doing this but never seen first hand. thx sorry to change subject
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've coated a few but it really depends on the application. If the parts are continuously getting to the 300F degree or hooter, I wouldn't do it. Depending on what type of coating it is, it may change color first, then crack off. Basically you would keep curing it and curing it.
If they don't get hot, don't worry about it. Coat it like any other parts. There are some high temp coatings made for BBQ pits,etc. that are resistant to 600F degrees. They may be a better choice, especially if you want black.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,840 Posts
powdercoat said:
I've coated a few but it really depends on the application. If the parts are continuously getting to the 300F degree or hooter, I wouldn't do it. Depending on what type of coating it is, it may change color first, then crack off. Basically you would keep curing it and curing it.
If they don't get hot, don't worry about it. Coat it like any other parts. There are some high temp coatings made for BBQ pits,etc. that are resistant to 600F degrees. They may be a better choice, especially if you want black.
Damn man what are YOU thinking about? Hehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Correct...everything but black:eek:ldschool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
sound clip is FANTASTIC, please...post more!!! do you have ~-drone-~! is it load say at 1500-1900 RPMS.? how about another sound clip in cabin...

then, i suggest you post an ad in the classifieds. if you dont still have your stock parts, you may be able to trade someone for theirs. ps- i want it!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
787 Posts
dude, i would love to have that exhaust, how much did everything cost altogether?
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top