·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen good deals on one. Can't find one for a reasonable price

·
Registered
741 Posts
I actually just bought a Genassi dual slant tip and had it powder coated black. It looks awesome and can't wait to finish the exhaust.
I'm curious how that will hold up. I've been wanting to do that myself. I toyed around with the idea of using VHT black paint on it, but I've been told it doesn't last very long. Powder coating may be the way to go.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw a nice Gibson and a few rbp ones all are black but on reviews some say the coating doesn't last to long and starts to rust. My Titan already came with a nice chrome angle cut tip. I may just take it off and high heat paint it. If it only lasts one year. Cheaper than buying it.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know. How much was yours?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
If you just want to keep it from being chrome get some high temp engine paint. Put that on my JBA tip. It's matte black. It hasn't chipped, peeled, bubbled, and I don't run mud flaps so it gets rocks and mud on it. A little hard to clean, but if it bothers me too much I'll just respray it.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you just want to keep it from being chrome get some high temp engine paint. Put that on my JBA tip. It's matte black. It hasn't chipped, peeled, bubbled, and I don't run mud flaps so it gets rocks and mud on it. A little hard to clean, but if it bothers me too much I'll just respray it.
yeah i just did this a few days ago and it looks great. although i just ordered 2.5" cajun rest b pipes and cajun cutback so I'm just going to order a new tip to go with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts