Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone im new to this forum and ive had my titan now for about 5 mos and im ready to start modifying my truck so what ive read so far is that i need to keep the dual in single out exhaust set up so my question is which one is the best for sound and performance i plan to go with the volant cai and im trying to find out where i can get the 2* advance the dealership where i bought my truck says it is impossible to to advance and the cai is a waste of money so any input would be greatly appreciated i have a 08 titan and i live in picayune ms

·
Banned
138 Posts
I don't think they can advance the 08's yet, although I have read a couple posts saying it was possible. You might have to wait for uprev to be ready for the 08. Any way you can get more air into the engine will give more power, sounds like the dealer does not know much.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Think again....

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/1045475-post14.html

Do a search on "2 Degree". ALL Titans can have this done. 08 just requires a dealer do it with Consult3.

Intake makes a BIG difference! I have a Nismo intake and 2° advance on my truck with stock exhaust. It makes a BIG difference.

Sounds to me like your dealer is either unknowledgable, unwilling to help, or a douchebag. I suggest you find a different dealer as everything you say he told you is DEAD WRONG!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
is a 2 degree timing something you can do yourself or should you take your truck somewhere?

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
The 2° advance is not something you can do without either the Consult2 (that the dealers have) or the Osiris or Cipher software from UpRev. They sell the program and you put it on your laptop. Plug into the truck's ECU jack and change the timing. Simple with the right tools. Many guys who have the software will do it for a small fee. Most will do it for free at Titan meets. Check the Regional Forum for your area and see where you can meet fellow Titaneers and maybe get it done. There's also a thread:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...iming-advances.html?highlight=sticky+2+degree

That thread lists who does them and what they charge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts