Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me what mileage I would expect when towing 6K pounds with a 4x4 KC with Big Tow. I realize there has been alot of talk about mileage but I couldn't find a real good summary. Can't wait to put her to work.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
PatrickL said:
Can anyone give me what mileage I would expect when towing 6K pounds with a 4x4 KC with Big Tow. I realize there has been alot of talk about mileage but I couldn't find a real good summary. Can't wait to put her to work.
I tow roughly 8500 LBS or so and, depending on the terrain, get from 7 to 10 MPG. My TT is very tall and is like pulling a sail thru the wind so a lower trailer...like a boat or car trailer will do better mileagewise.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Last year, from South East Texas to Main & back, I got from 7 to 10 mpg. Probably averaging about 8 to 9. I tow a 6000lb travel trailer and have a CC 4X4 w/big tow. This was mostly on interstates at 65 to 70mph. The Titan towed it VERY well!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Towing a skid steer and trailer this fall that was over 8000lbs combined I estimate that I was getting 5-7 but that was with a fair amount of hills and no highway. The truck did it no problem other than the rear sag had more than enough power. I want to start towing my boat back down to OBX and couldn't imagine the fuel costs towing a boat that's 6000lbs not counting fuel and trailer.

·
Registered
779 Posts
@65 mph, towing in 4th gear.. 9-10 mpg pulling a 5600 lb Travel trailer

·
Registered
662 Posts
I tow 7000lbs in the mountains. I tow in 4th and 3rd with tow mod on and i get 7-9 MPG. The Titan tows the weight no problem.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Bad, haha. I got around 10-11 with my 12ft trailer and 3 400cc plus 4-wheelers.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
My boat fully loaded with gear and gas pushes 6k lbs and I get 8-9 MPG. The good thing is, the Titan tows it like it's not even behind me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts