Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple of months ago, i mistakenly leave my truck unlocked and during the night, some asshole helped themselves to my stuff.
among the things taken was my uprev cable.

i emailed [email protected] to see what they can do and his response is that i can buy another cable.

i went through a failed tune at Intec Racing, bought a cipher cable for $200 and got the text file to up it to osiris standard via cable manager and get my stuff stolen and now i have the option of buying a new cable, which is $225 now.

my uprev license is on the ecu. i was hoping for a price break, but nope.

·
Registered
24 Posts
a couple of months ago, i mistakenly leave my truck unlocked and during the night, some asshole helped themselves to my stuff.

i emailed [email protected] to see what they can do and his response is that i can buy another cable.

i went through a failed tune at Intec Racing, bought a cipher cable for $200 and got the text file to up it to osiris standard via cable manager and get my stuff stolen and now i have the option of buying a new cable, which is $225 now.

Why would they give you a price break? You should have secured your vehicle and your personal items.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
^^^ I think he knows this. Man, TitanTalk has changed.

I thought once you have the license on the ECU you can use any cable? Maybe just for Cipher? My point being maybe you can find someone to let you borrow the cable.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Vendor
2,006 Posts
That does suck but I don't know of any manufacturer that gives you a discount on a new item when the original is stolen from you. Luckily the license is not linked to the cable and you can just buy a replacement cable.

If you keep your eye out you can find used ones in the classifieds for around $100 now and then

·
Registered
14,137 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,155 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts

What about your car insurance?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
insurance claim....i haven't inquired about that, because it may affect my premium. i already got screwed over before by making an insurance claim on some damage and that raised my premiums.

price break....i just thought it might have been a possibility. people have work done and get a discount, same thing.

i'll keep an eye out for a cipher cable

·
Registered
591 Posts
Sorry, dude. Thieves SUCK.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What about your car insurance?
This would fall under comprehensive, aka, Other Than Collision (OTC). You would be subject to your deductible and if you have a claims-free discount, you'd lose it. I don't know your insurance situation, but I wouldn't file a claim for such an event.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
This would fall under comprehensive, aka, Other Than Collision (OTC). You would be subject to your deductible and if you have a claims-free discount, you'd lose it. I don't know your insurance situation, but I wouldn't file a claim for such an event.
Depends on who the insurance company is I guess.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
:deathsent

I'm not being an ***. I'm being honest. There is a difference.

Post count... how old are you? 12?

This ones obviously over your head

Reactions: beachside321

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
:deathsent

I'm not being an ***. I'm being honest. There is a difference.
Post count... how old are you? 12?
yup:devil:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts