Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, need some input on this crazy idea I have. I have the Autoenginuity Nissan enhanced software. In test mode, you can adjust the timing whatever amount you want, as long as the software remains hooked up to the ECU. This would only be used for 1/4 mile track runs. It appears the new Stillen piggyback adjusts the timing much more than the standard 2 degrees that the ECU can hold without being attached to a tuner. That being said, how many degrees of advance can our motors handle without doing harm?

Just before the 1/4 mile run, I can bump up the timing wherever I want it and leave the software hooked up throughout that run. In theory this should work just fine for that purpose. Also, I can then take advantage of the 105 octane by using E85 in my FFV Titan. I hope I can get some feedback from the many experts here.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
give it a shot and see what happens. I would think the knock sensor should overide that. I may be wrong though. Have you tried it just driving around your neighborhood at all?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I haven't, kind of looking for a good safe number to work with such as 18-21. The Uprev tune advances up to 7 degrees at certain power band points from what I hear. What I'm attempting would be a fixed starting point advance.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Right, the tune by Up Rev or even the Stillen module have a custom timing map, it advance up to 7* only at certain points and not the whole range. Don't go more than =2 overall, that's why the consult only allow for +2 to stick. Also those are numbers tuned for 93 octane.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
how high will the software let you advance the timing?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
titanmike said:
how high will the software let you advance the timing?
Not sure about Autoenginuity but Cipher only allow for +/- 2*, the Consult will allow up to 5* for testing purpose but will not stick. Only +2* will stick using the consult.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I would say do it a degree or two....and see. Don't go too far. Detonation is very..very bad.

And run High Octane fuel!! Atleast 91 if you are going to advance timing.

Do you have an literature on what this does...does it hold the advace on top of Nissan....or how exactly does it work?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In test mode, I think you can enter at least 5 from base. At idle, I never tried to go higher, so I don't know if it will take 7, again this is in test mode. Yes, the ECU will only store +-2. This would be hooked up during the run in test mode, so I can go higher than 2 during the run. Basically, I'm asking a question that a Nissan master tech might be able to answer or an Uprev tech. Just thought I would throw it out here at the forum.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The best way to tune would be able to have access to some sort of datalogger, air/fuel metter. Your vehicle will automatically pull timming if it senses knock or ping. With a datalogger tool, you'll be able to see that, and you can pull or add timming where you see fit. +7 degree timming is a bit dangerouse, even on 105 octane. The thing is you want to tune your truck pretty conservative and give room for mistakes.

I doubt you'll see more power then forced induction vehicles (average +10hp at the wheels for forced induction) so being pretty aggressive really isn't needed for timming.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
sudden urge said:
No I haven't, kind of looking for a good safe number to work with such as 18-21. The Uprev tune advances up to 7 degrees at certain power band points from what I hear. What I'm attempting would be a fixed starting point advance.
This is a little different from our engines, but back in the day, racing small block chevys, a total of 38 degrees was about as far as I went. My dragbike, inline 4, dual overhead cam, runs at 40 degrees total.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
the auto enginuity will only stick 2* max. before i got that my dealer tried to set mine +4 degrees to see but it wouldnt stick. you can monitor your a/f on the autoenginuity as well.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Leadsled124 said:
the auto enginuity will only stick 2* max. before i got that my dealer tried to set mine +4 degrees to see but it wouldnt stick. you can monitor your a/f on the autoenginuity as well.

Read my first post again. As long as you leave the software attached and running, you can advance it more than 2 in command mode, not for ECU stored memory.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
sudden urge said:
Read my first post again. As long as you leave the software attached and running, you can advance it more than 2 in command mode, not for ECU stored memory.
Ahhhh ok i didnt noticethat. maby try 4* im almost sure truck will pull timing back if senses knocking. i think you can pul up the live data meter and see what timing is in real time and find out how high you can go. BTW, did you figure out how to change anything else with this software?? i heard you can change duration headlights stay on and so on when locking truck. (45 sec currently)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts