Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/sway-a-way_2_5_titan_coilover_prg_upper_control_ari

so im looking for some insight on this setup. ive always wanted a better ride and something i can reliably "romp" on.i ride MX and go to the desert quite often but i really dont mash on my truck (mainly do that on street at the dragstrip) im not looking to lift my truck any higher than it currently is but im liking the 9'' of travel this offers. what would be a good rear shock set up to run with this uca and strut? the icons? or should i go with an external res 2.25? i really want cams too but i feel like this is a little more sensable...any input is appreciated. also any input on the SAWs is cool too they offer this kit with any strut but the price obv goes up!

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I'm not sure what good a rear axle would be as far as suspension ride, but I'm also curious about the Ext travel package that extra little bit of travel would be nice!

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Firelife was saying that because 08's can't have truetrac... Personally I'd love to have the 2.25's. They'd be a lotta fun :D

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Just get it all..... ;)

Since you're in San Diego, you won't have the Rust-A-Way issues we experience here in the "salt belt." I had SAWs, but took them off because they just couldn't take the harsh winters here. I replaced them with Radflo's and I like them better. The way they mount and the way they adjust compared to the SAWs. I also have the Icon rears (sitting on the shelf in the shop) and the SAW 2.25's on the back of the truck. Since you aren't "whomping" around in the desert, the Icons will work just fine. The SAWs tend to ride a little stiffer because they're valved to take abuse off road.

Yes, I've spent A LOT of money on suspension parts (more than once), but those are just my suggestions. :cheers:

Reactions: 08crewcab

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so radflows are a little softer than the saws? and icons are fine in the rear thanksbrother

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
so radflows are a little softer than the saws? and icons are fine in the rear thanksbrother
For your application and intended use, yes. Remember, the more you crank the coilovers up, the stiffer the ride will become. Also, you're taking away from the droop travel. If I wasn't running 35" tires, I'd adjust mine down a little to help soften the ride out a bit. I'm about at the maximum you can crank the coilovers up (about 1-7/8" of thread showing). So, with that much thread showing, I only have 3" of droop travel.

Don't take this information as anything bad, but I'm just giving you the facts right now. That way, there won't be any surprises later on down the road. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah im not trying to go anyhigher than i currently sit 2.5''. with the drop shackles it looks great IMO

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what about the kings with no UCA? ive read quite a few good things about that setup too...?

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
if you choose not to get uca's your not gettin any extra travel. Kings are more expensive too though.. I'm gonna buy the extended travel package one part at a time. starting with uca's. than prolly saws.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Do that package, you will love it and will never look back.

Reactions: 08crewcab
1 - 11 of 11 Posts