Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Canteen LE Crew Cab with 4wd and Big Tow package back in early January. I have been monitoring the posts here on Titan Talk regarding vehicle problems. I am seriously concidering purchasing an extended warrantee and Soft bed cover when I take delivery. I would like to know if there can be any negotiation of the $1700.00 warrantee cost and if the soft cover can be installed if I have a utilitrac system. (my salesman seems to be ignoring me)

Motman

·
Registered
144 Posts
Motman said:
I ordered a Canteen LE Crew Cab with 4wd and Big Tow package back in early January. I have been monitoring the posts here on Titan Talk regarding vehicle problems. I am seriously concidering purchasing an extended warrantee and Soft bed cover when I take delivery. I would like to know if there can be any negotiation of the $1700.00 warrantee cost and if the soft cover can be installed if I have a utilitrac system. (my salesman seems to be ignoring me)

Motman
I cannot comment about the soft cover, but I can comment on the warranty. I used to sell cars. Extended warranties are retail products and have significant mark-up. Ask to get it at cost. There should be at LEAST $500 margin in that warranty, if not more. This is where the F&I guy makes his comission. Extended warranties, GAP insurance comission, and marking up interest rates.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The dealer wanted $1925 for the 100,00 mile warranty. I went to my credit union instead and got the warranty for $1100 and the loan for 3.9% interest instead of the 7.9% the dealer was charging thru their credit union - shop around you be surprised.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unauthorized Warrantee

stevnmd said:
I cannot comment about the soft cover, but I can comment on the warranty. I used to sell cars. Extended warranties are retail products and have significant mark-up. Ask to get it at cost. There should be at LEAST $500 margin in that warranty, if not more. This is where the F&I guy makes his comission. Extended warranties, GAP insurance comission, and marking up interest rates.
I am leary about purchasing a warrantee that is not authorized by Nissan. I am recieving a supplier discount on my vehicle and options (dealer cost) and will try to negotioate the same on the warrantee. Thank you for you responce!

Motman

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Only buy the Nissan Security Plus. and offer to pay half of the quote.

Remember one thing, EVERY part of the CAR deal is negotiable.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Is this a Nissan warranty or some third party offering? The Nissan dealership offered me Nissan's 75k mile warranty at $1295.00. Personally, I am forgoing the extended warranty to see if any problems crop up during the normally warrranty. You can always purchase extended later on if it makes you feel more comfortable. I think the price they quoted you is very high unless it is 100k mile warranty or more.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I would highly recommend you get Nissans warranty, the price wasn't that bad either. I got a 6 year/100k mile for $1200. And yes that was less than what it was offered to me originally. Just keep talking them down because they will drop the price on the warranties too if you hold out a bit.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Nissan Security Plus is owned and operated by Nissan North America.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts