Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a Nissan dealer that sells extended warranties for a good price? I've googled and looked on this site but don't find but a couple. BTW, it's for my 08 CC XE 2wd. Thanks!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
What sort of prices have you gotten so far? I'm seeing anywhere from 2000 to 2500 for 7/100000 or 8/120000 and no deductible - bumper to bumper.

I've got til Friday to make a decision on the warranty if I want to start with one at purchase time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Advice - you don't need one. If you do the math on what an extended warranty costs and what it covers, then look at how often what it covers really does go bad, you'll see that you are better off being self-insured against those things breaking rather than buying an extended warranty.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
bubbs71 said:
Does anyone know of a Nissan dealer that sells extended warranties for a good price? I've googled and looked on this site but don't find but a couple. BTW, it's for my 08 CC XE 2wd. Thanks!!
They're all a friggin' rip-off! Although if you plan on keeping it more than the 36k miles, it's a plus IMO. I've never bought nor needed an extended warranty (so far) but now that I have 37k miles on mine, I'm sort of wishing I went for it.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have the Nissan dealer cost listing for extended warranties. 0n 2007's. The 08's might be slightly more but not much. Here's the cost's. Maybe this will help you not get ripped off.
All have 50 dollar deductible

6o/60 GOLD Preferred with 50 deductible is 796 /Gold is 695
60/75k is gold preferred is 893/ gold is714 with 50 ded.
72/75k Gold preferred is 980/ gold is 848 with 50 ded
72 mos 100k is gold preferred is1,392 gold with 50 ded 1,217
84 mos 70k is gold preferred 1,125 gold with 50 ded 973
84 mos /100 k gold preferred is 1,677 gold is 1,363.

The only difference between the gold preferred and gold is the rental car. Pm me if you need the prices on anything else. Hope folks dont get ripped off.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I bought the warranty on my 05, but did not buy it on my 07. The reason I didn't this go around was the unknown exclusions. It was hard to look at a number of "what if" situations.

The service department will have a comprehensive list of exclusions to the warranty and you should ask to look it over. Since I don't know what many of these part are, and the fact the drive train has a long enough warranty, the difference between 60,000 miles and 84,000 miles is one years worth of driving for me.

The 84k gold preferred was offered to me at $1700.00. Figuring about $20.00/1000 borrowed, this would raise payments over $30.00 a month if not buying it outright. Over five years, that would cost $1800. The Nissan extended warranty is not a bad deal over all. The way I looked at, if the truck was giving me enough trouble, I would not have enough confidence with the vehicle to keep it. I would prefer to unload it.

I would not recommend a third party deal to reduce rates. They are a logistical nightmare; pay your repair then submit for reimbursement.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I didn't buy the extended warranty when I bought the '04 Titan, and I generally considered them a ripoff, but had so many problems with the '04 that I changed my mind at 32,000 miles and bought the 100,000 mile gold version Nissan extended warranty. Between 36,000 miles and 85,500 miles I had both exhaust manifolds cracked and replaced as well as problems with the AC actuator, brakes twice, electric windows, hood hitting the windshield washer, rubbber seal on the hood tearing off, shocks, and a couple of emission control items replaced. The extended warranty paid for itself twice over. I didn't buy the extended warranty on the '08, either, but if it looks like Nissan didn't get their feces accumulated on this version of the Titan, I'll either buy the extended warranty at some point after 30K miles or get rid of the truck and buy a different brand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just a little food for thought! Bought an extended service contract on my 03 Silverado...(API - Automotive Professionals Inc) - Premier Care - Bought my Titan last December and requested refund on the service contract-they are, and have been in litigation for bankruptcy so guess who is left holding the bag? Maybe you should try it without adding in to the total cost of the vehicle, that way if they go tits-up you could quit making payments! Hope this helps somebody else!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts