Nissan Titan Forum banner

Extended Warrenty cost.

6K views 59 replies 24 participants last post by  dcrobt 
#1 ·
What should i pay for a 5yr 100000 extended warrenty w/no deductable

#3 ·
I called 1-800-NISSAN-1 today

about the Security Plus plan. I was told that the cost of a particular plan is the same at all the dealerships and not based on the price of the vehicle. How can I find out how much a 60month/100000 mile gold plan will cost. It cost me 1295 on a Frontier SE CC for a 72/100000.

#5 · (Edited)
There are many 'combinations' you can choose from. I am the same way with warranties as I tend to hit the mileage figure waaaaay before the time figure...LOL

The one on my Pathfinder was $1195 for 5yr/100k 0 Deductable Gold plan.

You will have to get the list from your dealer on whats offered.

Also here is some general info on the plans: http://www.nissanusa.com/owning/ServicePlanLanding/0,,,00.html

We haven't bought it for the Titan yet as we have some time before we have to.

Chris

#6 ·
Cost to the retailer for the 7yr/100000 Gold warranty is $753. That is what I paid. They wanted $1100. They do spiff the finance folks if they sell it so they have tons of room to move. This is a pure add-on margin increase for the retailer. They just sell the contract. Don't overpay

#7 ·
Skip Hess said:
Cost to the retailer for the 7yr/100000 Gold warranty is $753. That is what I paid. They wanted $1100. They do spiff the finance folks if they sell it so they have tons of room to move. This is a pure add-on margin increase for the retailer. They just sell the contract. Don't overpay
Skip, I'm looking at the 7yr/100k warranty and I would LOVE to buy it for $753. It almost sounds to good to be true, how did you find that out? I know this is a lot to ask but do you have anything that would show what you paid for yours so I could show the local finance people in my area. I'll provide my email or fax # at home if you do.

Thanks,
Karl

#8 ·
karlconnell said:
Skip, I'm looking at the 7yr/100k warranty and I would LOVE to buy it for $753. It almost sounds to good to be true, how did you find that out? I know this is a lot to ask but do you have anything that would show what you paid for yours so I could show the local finance people in my area. I'll provide my email or fax # at home if you do.

Thanks,
Karl
same here, my dealer wouldnt budge off 1100

#9 ·
I just found out that the Nissan warranty even covers all the light bulbs for 3/36 or whatever your extended warranty is. Now that is coverage.

#10 ·
rrumaner said:
I just found out that the Nissan warranty even covers all the light bulbs for 3/36 or whatever your extended warranty is. Now that is coverage.
Did you get that info from your contract or the salesman?

#11 ·
I have purchased more new vechicles than I should have, but I will tell u this, it is almost like haggelling for the price of the vechicle. Never accept the first price they offer you, tell them you will not purchase without the extended warranty, and that you can not afford your payment that high, you will be surprised how much it will come down, just be sure you don't accept a lower year/ milage warranty, they will try that first, believe me it works like a charm !!!!!!! :gunz:

#12 ·
Don said:
I have purchased more new vechicles than I should have, but I will tell u this, it is almost like haggelling for the price of the vechicle. Never accept the first price they offer you, tell them you will not purchase without the extended warranty, and that you can not afford your payment that high, you will be surprised how much it will come down, just be sure you don't accept a lower year/ milage warranty, they will try that first, believe me it works like a charm !!!!!!! :gunz:

Unfortunatly they have me by the :teethmast ......or should I say the deposit. So i cant back out of the deal or they keep my money. But i will tell them that i will get the extended warrenty from my bank if they dont give me what i want. It depends if they want to make some money or no money.

#16 ·
Don said:
You got hosed bro, I only paid $750.00 for a 7 year/ 100,000 mile bumper to bumber $0 deuctable warranty !!!!!!
Is that the preferred or standard plan? Gold, silver or bronze?

#17 ·
Don said:
You got hosed bro, I only paid $750.00 for a 7 year/ 100,000 mile bumper to bumber $0 deuctable warranty !!!!!!
Well, show us some proof Don...I want to get the deal you got but I'm getting BS from everyone.

#18 ·
Skip/Don, Better yet...can you guys tell me who your finance rep's were and your individual dealerships and I'm sure they will let me purchase the maint contract with a credit card over the phone (it shouldn't matter if it's out of state or not).

Karl

#19 ·
karlconnell said:
Skip/Don, Better yet...can you guys tell me who your finance rep's were and your individual dealerships and I'm sure they will let me purchase the maint contract with a credit card over the phone (it shouldn't matter if it's out of state or not).

Karl
your right karl everyone whos claiming these low numbers on warrantys shows us numbers so that we can get warrantys for that price, i really find it hard to belive thats almost lower th :cheers: tn cost and it might be lower than cost. prove it to us guys, thanks

#20 ·
karlconnell said:

Karl
Karl, Do you have any large photos of your canteen truck in the sun and shade? how do you like the color?

#21 ·
Bmaez said:
Karl, Do you have any large photos of your canteen truck in the sun and shade? how do you like the color?
I posted some pics in the photo's section back in Dec...one of the first sets of pics I beleive. I love the color and I get tons of compliments on it. If they aren't big enough I can attach them to a post in full format as we didn't have the ability to upload pic's back in Dec.

Karl

#22 ·
Karl, I am on the road right now. Should be home for the weekend, I will send you a copy of my contract, the price is printed ON THE CONTRACT. No bs. What in the world makes you guys think I would feed you garbage about this? Happy to share it with you if it assists you in getting the right deal. I will just make a copy and fax it to you. Get me your #. You can send me an e-mail, should be in my profile.

#24 ·
Well I will tell you what, I don't come to this site everyday to bullshit anyone, if you overpayed for your warranty, dont accuse people of bullshitting, what I stated is what i got. The finance managers will tell you not to tell anyone what you payed because it is there job to sell those warranty's at full price. I will not rat out my finance manager, was giving advice on how to get your warranty at the best price, have a nice day !!!!!!!!

#25 ·
Don said:
Well I will tell you what, I don't come to this site everyday to bullshit anyone, if you overpayed for your warranty, dont accuse people of bullshitting, what I stated is what i got. The finance managers will tell you not to tell anyone what you payed because it is there job to sell those warranty's at full price. I will not rat out my finance manager, was giving advice on how to get your warranty at the best price, have a nice day !!!!!!!!
hey don you sound like your in the mob :jester: and you will be :boxing: if you tell us your source. thats ok you keep your info as we would hate for you to rat out your source :gunz: we know what happens to those who tell :grimrippe :flamed: :domohit: :stab: but thanks for your help though :upsidedow

#26 ·
I negotiated my warranty as the final step in the purchase process. I bought it from the finance manager and really put the squeeze on, his spiff is on the warranty and the bank loan, not the purchase price like a commission sale. You need to roll up the WHOLE deal to your advantage, if you guys pushed the sale price too thin, then you are less likely to work a deal on the warranty. Tough to look at it as a stand alone item. I only financed for 12 months so he had little to work with, they were working a spiff contest that ended 12/31 and I bought my truck on 12/24, so he rolled over on the warranty. I paid most of my truck price in cash so I was in a good position to work the WHOLE deal in my favor. If your TOTAL deal worked out to be a good one, then great. Not realistic to look at pieces and then add it up. Just my 2 cents on this issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.