1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
514 Posts
Just a reminder some people have had problems with the unlock button being compressed in the down position while keys were in they're pocket. When held down this will open the windows . Just a thought that might not be good for better range . Good Mod though :eyebrow:

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pi3yeargrad said:
kewl kewl... i might try this... anyway to mess something up or pretty fool proof?

Hey and howd u measure ur before and after distance... whered u get 64 feet instead of like 60 or 70? ...lol
It was very scientific, I use the parking lot space. Eight feet from line to line. So at 8 parking space that's about 64'.:D

I'm sure some peoples range will be longer than that since my battery is two years old. I think a FOB with fresh battery will give you better range both before and after mod.:D

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
GReat idea! If you notice in the pix BBF posted, the insulation is slid to extend past the bare wire. This prevents any mishaps inside the FOB. Very simple MOD too. I can afford this one! :)

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
My OEM keyfob has a range of several hundred yards. The limiting factor is the sensor being blocked by other parked cars.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This is great now I won't hesitate to get the remote start that I can use my factory FOB with since I can extend the range. Thanks for the write up and pics.:D

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
you guys want to know how to extend the range to however far you want ??? someone need something out of your truck to get something but dont trust them with the keys ? well what you do, you need 2 cell phones.

connect a call between the two phones (actualy a house phone will work to i think) and have one phone next to the FOB and the other to the truck and presto, your buttons work...

well i hope someone tries this because ive just heard it lol... i think it will work but im too lazy to do it myself... but i just wanted to sound smart for a minuite there... also if you know it wont work.. esplain why :)

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
It won't work.

I shouldn't even explain why...but I can't resist. It would only work if your fob worked on audible frequencies....which it doesn't.

Even if they were operating on the same radio frequency spectrum, which they don't, they still wouldn't work together because of the digital, as opposed to analog nature of the signals.

Otherwise, phone calls would be unlocking cars all day and night on accident.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
ahh well im still going to try it lol

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
well it sounds like a plan didnt it ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts