Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my SE, and I am surprised by the number of cool extras that this truck comes with that I wasn't expecting. Just a ton of little things. A couple cool small things:

1. Tail gate light that goes on when you drop the tail gate.

2. The cubby hole with the utility bed package is perfect for jumper cables if your in Minnesota.

3. The back seat has the baby seat hooks. (Inside is like a large SUV, but with more room to haul stuff outside.)

4. Didn't know that I had all of those buttons on the mirrors for opening garage doors.

5. Tons of room in the backseat. Do not feel trapped at all.

6. The 30 second lights when your are unlocking the truck with the keyfob. Very handy at night.

What are your favorite extras?

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
You hit the nail on the head with the small things there. Nice little 'touches'. I also put the 'cleats' in the storage box with my set of jumper cables. I also like the underside of this truck. If you haven't yet, crawl under there and take a peek and look at the layout of things.
From what I see, it all makes perfect sense of why what is put where. Also like the cupholders in the doors of the back instead of the floor area so the middle person in the back doesn't have to watch thier feet. Should also add the power receptacle in the bed.

Chris

·
Registered
330 Posts
How bout those lighted vanity mirrors for driver also. And that extra sun visor...And one 12 volt jack (drivers side staying hot).... And boy is that sliding bed extender already come in handy.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One more thing, my wife noted the dual sun-visor on the passenger side. Very well done.

·
Registered
495 Posts
If I hadn't read the manual, I wouldn't know I could turn the key to lower or raise the front windows from out side, and know how to use the rds radio. :cheers:

·
Registered
83 Posts
rds

amati5 said:
If I hadn't read the manual, I wouldn't know I could turn the key to lower or raise the front windows from out side, and know how to use the rds radio. :cheers:

Do you know if you can shut the RDS feature off??

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I like the center console that comes on Titans with the captains seats and floor shifter. The center console is so deep you almost need a flashlight to see the bottom. My other truck used to be cluttered with paperwork everywhere. The day I got my Titan I went to Office Depot and bought a nice plastic accordian style expanding file with partitions to put in the console. I put all of my receipts in there, addresses and phone numbers printed from my Palm, maps I printed from MapQuest, take out restaurant menus, coupons for stuff I might buy, repair, warranty and oil change records, a full letter size monthly calendar, and a whole lot of other paperwork in there. My life is now organized.

Today my wife and I went on a 70 mile drive for a picnic. We took a gallon size pitcher of iced tea that the center console held perfectly. The pitcher lid was not spillproof and the container was skinny and unstable. Had it not been for the oversize console compartment my wife would had to hold it in her lap the whole way.

My wife complains how the top is hinged so it makes it hard for the passenger to reach into. I told her if it was hinged in the back, the driver would have to swing his arm way back in an awkward position. Since the driver will be opening it up 90% of the time, I like how Nissan designed it.

·
Registered
495 Posts
RedMunsta said:
Do you know if you can shut the RDS feature off??
Sorry, didn't see your question. The RDS feature only works when I turned it on, otherwise, it's not active. I think turn off the audio system or switch to CD and back would deactivate it. Or maybe there's a bette way of doing it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I like it all. just learned today about the speed sensitive internitent wipers...

I've been driving my Jeep for 11 1/2 years (still have it, not even broken in yet) - The question that popped into my mind was with My Titan: Do all new cars have this stuff? I think the pricing for these Titans is just right on.

OK my favorite feature: Sedona :futwice: What a great color - theres nothing in the parking lots that come close to this color. I wasn't sold, wifey made me do it - And I'm happy as a pig in poo poo with Sedona.
It IS the little things...

·
Registered
163 Posts
CaliforniaTitan said:
You hit the nail on the head with the small things there. Nice little 'touches'. I also put the 'cleats' in the storage box...
Chris
I plan on doing the same thing once I get my truck (due in the middle of this month). I have already read where people are having them stolen, so putting'em in that storage box makes complete sense to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts