Nissan Titan Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 139 of 139 Posts
mtofell said:
I don't even own a Titan any longer but still hang around here every now and then just because it's a good group of people. I find it hard to believe you've spent much time in any other brand specific forum.... this is by far the most friendly place I've been. Try going to a Ford board and even mentioning another brand..... or Chevy or Dodge. This place is like a knitting forum compared to other sites.
Talking about a 180 power slide!!! :rofl:

Knit one... pearl two.... OUCH!!!! Stuck myself with the needle... Damn pointy things..... :stab:

Yesterday my fuel light came on with only 226 miles on that tank. I could not figure out gas mileage because the gas station had a $65 dollar max charge at the pump. Pobably figures out to be around 10 mpg. While filling up, I thought "man, that sucks." When I got back in my Titan and started it up, I thought "man, that is awesome!!!!" Mind you this mileage is without any towing at all. Even though I am getting worse mileage than an H2, I still love the truck and I am smart enough to not expect 20+ mpg in a 5500 lb vehicle with a 5.6 V8. You must be that guy who drives 30 miles to save 2 cents on gas.

2007 TITAN LE said:
Yesterday my fuel light came on with only 226 miles on that tank. I could not figure out gas mileage because the gas station had a $65 dollar max charge at the pump. Pobably figures out to be around 10 mpg. While filling up, I thought "man, that sucks." When I got back in my Titan and started it up, I thought "man, that is awesome!!!!" Mind you this mileage is without any towing at all. Even though I am getting worse mileage than an H2, I still love the truck and I am smart enough to not expect 20+ mpg in a 5500 lb vehicle with a 5.6 V8. You must be that guy who drives 30 miles to save 2 cents on gas.
You should spring for a ScangaugeII to verify your figures. Very cool piece of hardware and informative. Man i hope those tree hugging Green Peace people never target my Titan for fuel economy like they did the H2's. :gunz:

I am as amazed at how bad the mileage is that some of you guys talk about as some members are amazed at the good mileage that some of us get. I haven't gotten 10 mpg in this truck unless I was pulling the big travel trailer behind it. It wouldn't have surprised me to get mileage that low, but I don't.

Carbeaux said:
I am as amazed at how bad the mileage is that some of you guys talk about as some members are amazed at the good mileage that some of us get. I haven't gotten 10 mpg in this truck unless I was pulling the big travel trailer behind it. It wouldn't have surprised me to get mileage that low, but I don't.

That is probably due to you having a 2wd. I have the 4X4 OR. 2wd is best, regular 4X4 = middle of the road, 4X4 OR or big tow = worst. Not sure where the 2wd with big tow lies. Of course it all depends on driving style and city vs highway.

2007 TITAN LE said:
That is probably due to you having a 2wd. I have the 4X4 OR. 2wd is best, regular 4X4 = middle of the road, 4X4 OR or big tow = worst. Not sure where the 2wd with big tow lies. Of course it all depends on driving style and city vs highway.
Me = 4x4 CC BT (Same gears as OR)

I have no problem getting 18mpg on the freeway regularly. Around town I usually get 14-16mpg.

Seems to me it's completely random who gets decent mileage and who doesn't. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. :D

The thread that would not DIE!....:gunz:

Yeah... and you're not helping it by replying! :bangit:

Why can't you just die???? "The Joker"

Or "DEEP SIX" it....... "misslelau

121 - 139 of 139 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.