Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from work head lights that look like a Tundra coming up from behind so I purposely slowed down to see what it was. He really looked like a Tundra so I cruised more and then I saw the blue oval. This silver F-150 buzzed me. It looked newer with an exhaust. I guess thats what he wanted me to hear. But I stayed behind him for about 500ft and he kept braking so I chould catch up with him....I guess I was going to slow. He hits a red and I'm about 200ft away and finally pass him up as the red turns into green. I wanted to pull his card and stayed at 40mph and sure enough...I hear his exhaust and he starts gaining his way up and as he had a fender on me...I WOT....and gave him 4 lengths in return....this was going uphill too.:brownsmil Its sad that a 300hp engine like that in a Ford only puts down 210Hp to the wheels....thats sad!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Actually the 3V 5.4's put 230 - 240 at the wheels. My 2v 5.4 put 219 at the wheels stock.

Now...puts down a tad bit more....:D

·
Registered
801 Posts
The f150s are s l o w .. But they tow nice and ride nice, buddy has one. Not too bad of a truck IMHO, I like it better than the chevy. We'll see how its doing at 100k though.

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
hey Brace we cool and all.. bs at the meets but in all seriousness I just read a thread about speeding tix you had to pay off and other things so your in debt.

I would chill on the racing if I were you, Cali does have one of the toughest street racing laws in the US. Another tic and you could be taking the bus for 6months or bumin rides.

Good kill but I would chill

·
Registered
801 Posts
Warp09 said:
Not ALL F-150's are slow. I bet my brothers F-150 could be some our Titans. He's lifted too. F-150 was going to be my first truck, but then I saw this and jumped into it.
:dunno: NO way....unless its a Lightning. Stock 0-60 times are like 9 secs. Even with the duel exhausts and CAI...the ferd just plain ain't got it. Where is your brother at? I'm sure we could arrange a local member to show him how his tailgate looks pulling away in a race.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
P's Titan said:
hey Brace we cool and all.. bs at the meets but in all seriousness I just read a thread about speeding tix you had to pay off and other things so your in debt.

I would chill on the racing if I were you, Cali does have one of the toughest street racing laws in the US. Another tic and you could be taking the bus for 6months or bumin rides.

yeah, i just got done w/ that thread too.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Wiscdave said:
:dunno: NO way....unless its a Lightning. Stock 0-60 times are like 9 secs. Even with the duel exhausts and CAI...the ferd just plain ain't got it. Where is your brother at? I'm sure we could arrange a local member to show him how his tailgate looks pulling away in a race.

Keep in mind the factory calibration on their PCM's is incredibly conservative. They leave 10 - 15 hp on the table with just 87 octane. The new ones also have that throttle-by-wire mess. Bolt-on exhaust and CAI do very little, they have to be tuned for ANY modification with the new PCMs the 2004+ trucks use. The F-150's are nothing to crow about in the speed department as the stock level...that's what the aftermarket is for.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Blown330 said:
The F-150's are nothing to crow about in the speed department as the stock level...that's what the aftermarket is for.
thats what the statement "run what you brung" is for.....

·
Registered
801 Posts
Blown330 said:
Keep in mind the factory calibration on their PCM's is incredibly conservative. They leave 10 - 15 hp on the table with just 87 octane. The new ones also have that throttle-by-wire mess. Bolt-on exhaust and CAI do very little, they have to be tuned for ANY modification with the new PCMs the 2004+ trucks use. The F-150's are nothing to crow about in the speed department as the stock level...that's what the aftermarket is for.
I don't patrol around the F150 sites. What are you guys putting to the ground tuned? I've seen some pretty tough looking f150s driving around here, but slow as a snail. They make a ton of noise but go nowhere. With just bolt-ons -Tuner included (no nitro or supercharger), what are they possible of?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
My brother has an Edge, Headers, CAI, Exhaust, and he has ran a Hemi and beat it. I think the Hemi was lifted as well (so its apples to apples).

My brother is in So-Cali. He wouldn't want to do a meet either way because he is very humble about what he has.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
P's Titan said:

The tickets are taken care of, and I have a good driving record and no felony's. I don't drink or do drugs so I don't have to worry about any DUI's. As for racing...this is the first in......months! I just pulled the guys card to see what he had....obviously it wasn't anything special since I won. I havn't been in the track for awhile (gas prices) so this made up for it, alittle.

·
Registered
682 Posts
i beat a lightning through first gear in 4wd....haha

1 - 20 of 24 Posts