Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my ceramic coated headers off after 75 miles of use because of a huge leak in the collector on the drivers side. It was sent back to Stillen for repair. They include the O2 emulator box. $800, I'll pay shipping in the U.S.

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
Will STILLEN fix them again when the collector blows out again? There not but $1034 shipped with STILLEN'S warranty!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can get pictures in the next day or two. Yes the one side has been repaired.
Accroding to Stillen the warranty would still be good, but It would have to go through me. I actually purchased them through my dealership. I guess one could purchase them straight from my dealership if they felt more comfortable dealing with them on any warranty issues. Either way if I don't sell them here soon, my service manager will sell them for me.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't explain to the guy I talked to at Stillen that these were purchased through my nissan dealership, an authorized Stillen Dealer. This being the case, if someone was to purchase these straight through my nissan dealership, there would be absolutely no reason for me to be involved in any warranty issues. You ought to be able to send them straight back to Stillen, if they started leaking again.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Man them things need to be welded right the first time!!! And this isn't the first problem I've heard of. Taking headers off and on isn't the most enjoyable thing to do.

Also your down for what...a week to do this. Stillen needs to get them things welded right from there shop.

Off the top of my head I can think of two other breaks...but more complaints of sloppy welds.

Now I'd love to try some long tubes and compare with my short tubes.......just don't have the moola!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dawgs77 said:
Man them things need to be welded right the first time!!! And this isn't the first problem I've heard of. Taking headers off and on isn't the most enjoyable thing to do.

Also your down for what...a week to do this. Stillen needs to get them things welded right from there shop.

Off the top of my head I can think of two other breaks...but more complaints of sloppy welds.

Now I'd love to try some long tubes and compare with my short tubes.......just don't have the moola!
Should have been a week, but was more like three. They were short handed and since the service manager wasn't charging me for removal and got me into a rental car, he kinda took his time with it. I was a little pissed about the time, but it saved me 4-500 bucks. I've posted in another thread that my dealership sent back a header from a 350Z with a leak in the same spot, the same time mine went back.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Finally got around to getting pics of the headers. Again, these are ceramic coated, have less than 100 miles on them, include the o2 emulator, and are in like new condition. They also would still be covered under Stillens warranty. Asking $800 and I'll pay shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
will these fit and 2004 4X4? and what modification will i have to do so they bolt up to my exhaust? thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Onebadasstitan said:
will these fit and 2004 4X4? and what modification will i have to do so they bolt up to my exhaust? thanks
They will fit an 04-06 according to Stillens web site. No modification needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts