Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thought this was a friendly forum to help members out not to make a $ at our expense! You can by them brand new for under 300.00 and thats with a extended 2 yr waranty.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
scrubbyoy said:
Thought this was a friendly forum to help members out not to make a $ at our expense! You can by them brand new for under 300.00 and thats with a extended 2 yr waranty.

Doesn't look like he's making money, the system is 199 with the controller, plus he has 5 games (if he's not including Wii Sports at $50 a pop)

$199 for the system + $250 in games = $449

Even if he's including Wii Sports, take out $50 and you're still at $399.

The seller may want to list the games though, it would probably help...

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
The Wii is $249 in stores and comes with controller and nunchuck. It also comes with one disk that has the five sports games on it!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
My guess is Wii Sports = 5 games. Other folks have pulled this on eBay, claiming they have a Wii with 15 games or somesuch and it ends up being 3 copies of Wii Sports. They end up selling the thing for hundreds more than it's worth.

If it comes in one case and has one disc then it's one game with 5 sub-games. *shrug*

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Yahooligan said:
My guess is Wii Sports = 5 games. Other folks have pulled this on eBay, claiming they have a Wii with 15 games or somesuch and it ends up being 3 copies of Wii Sports. They end up selling the thing for hundreds more than it's worth.

If it comes in one case and has one disc then it's one game with 5 sub-games. *shrug*

Didn't know people were pulling this garbage...I really hope that's not the case with this thread and there really are at a minimum, four distinct discs.

I preordered mine and got it at launch last November, I am in shock that they are still in such short supply...

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
bills1974 said:
Didn't know people were pulling this garbage...I really hope that's not the case with this thread and there really are at a minimum, four distinct discs.

I preordered mine and got it at launch last November, I am in shock that they are still in such short supply...
People on ebay pull that all the time!! Hopefully the seller here is not trying to pull that, because as you can see...............many people here are too smart for that!!

The Wii's are still at a premium and fairly hard to come by. There was a guy this morning on the radio that was offered $500 for his wii and he refused, said he wouldn't sell it for anything under $700!!! My point is that this guys price is not too far base for somebody that really wants one! I do not agree with saying 5 games, unless it is really 5 seperate games!!!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
The most insane thing I've read lately is the guy that sold Rock Band on eBay to someone in Australia for $9,100!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
oops my mistake guys, its 1 disk w/ 5 games. all wii's come w/ it....
i bought it on ebay for this price. my bro bought one the same day for me since i was having a tough time getting one. he tought i didnt have one and bought it, now im just trying to get my money back.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yahooligan said:
The most insane thing I've read lately is the guy that sold Rock Band on eBay to someone in Australia for $9,100!
Lol..what an idiot....they're on PAL, not NTSC, not gonna be able to play it unless he gets a inverter and a xbox from here

·
Registered
61 Posts
fyi.....no store has the wii good luck getting one on ebay for cheaper than what he is offering I knowI sell them in my store for 380.00 20.00 shipping buyit now....It is the highest demand system currently....also dont place an order online to pick up at walmart youwont get it the waiting list is miles long. heres a link to the first page of wii listings hes not asking anymore than anyone else.

http://video-games.search.ebay.com/wii_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQa14Z56670QQalistZa14QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR40QQgcsZ1134QQpfidZ1412QQpfmodeZ2QQreqtypeZ1QQsacatZQ2d100

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
...or, you can do what not very many people seem to know about and show up at Best Buy on a Sunday morning to pick one up at a normal price. Any shipments for store stock will arrive then and if nobody else is doing the same thing then you're home free.

It's disappointing to me that there are people out there willing to rip people off, but on the other side of the coin there are people willing to be ripped off. It's a dirty cycle. Oh well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Local Best Buy stores here have a line that starts forming around 12am every Sunday morning to get a ticket to bring back to the store on Sunday when the store opens so they are actually sold out even it you show up a little before opening. It's insane but there is enough demand and each store only gets around 10 units per week. I hear that the best place to try to pick up a Wii is Target, just show up a couple hours before opening. They don't hand out tickets like Best Buy and I hear they have been getting 20 units per week.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I was at office depot a couple of weeks ago and there were several on the shelves. My kids thought the WII was stupid so I didn't buy it for them. They wanted PSP, so I got them each the PSP with Dexter package. That was out of stock everywhere too but a little research and found tons of them. The reason why people can't find them is because they go to best buy or circuit city or game stores. They don't even look at stores like office depot or office max. Either way, if you really want one, I'm sure you can find it. It just takes getting up early to find one.

Sorry for going off topic. Bump for your sale. Good luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts